Thread: Merlin Update

Merlin Update

Just thought I'd give you guys an update on the Merlin situation, sorry I didn't post sooner.

He's on trial right now, meaning (for those of you who aren't familiar with horse terms) that somebody's taken him to their barn to see if they want to buy him or not. The girl who's trying him is this adorable little 7 year old, She's super sweet and she's absolutely in LOVE with Merlin. We'd be able to visit him often since they're in the area. They're really interested. So they decided to Vet Check him, which is the last step before purchasing.

As most of you know, Merlin recently (a few months ago, possibly) recovered from a suspensory issue (soft tissue in the leg). We all had our fingers crossed that he'd pass the check with no bobbing. He had most of the check yesterday. He flexed clean, and the xrays were perfect. But when they put him out on the lunge line, he looked very lame on the left front. We were very concerned, of course, but the vet quickly confirmed that the issue was a hot nail (from his last shoeing) not his suspensory.

So basically, he's passed 99% of the vet check. They're going to pad his foot and take care of it so that he won't be reactive to the hot nail anymore and we're going to finish up the vet check on Saturday. Soo.. fingers crossed it'll go well!

As for looking for a new horse --- Cody's still in the picture, but there's also another horse we're looking at. Cody's a super sweet dun quarter horse, He isn't the best looking horse in the world., but he has an adorable personality. Of course, it's the attitude that matters, but the other horse we're looking at has an awesome personality too. His name is.. ready for this? "Vote 4 Pedro". Pedro for short XD Anyway, he's this gorgeous, been-there done-that 16.3 hh bay thoroughbred. Because of his experience, age, and height, he'd be able to take me further than Cody would. Cody's 15, I think, and he's only 15 hands. Pedro, on the other hand, is 9, can jump higher, and is 7 inches taller than Cody. Not to mention he's flashy heheh. They're both a possibility though!

Anyway, I'll keep you posted. Keep your fingers crossed!
    Last edited by flamepony12; 05-26-2006 at 11:13 AM.

Aw, I really hope he finds a loving happy home with the family he is being trialled with. It sounds lovely

Zimbabwe 07/13

I'm glad you found a possible home for Merlin! It sounds like he'd be going to a great home. Fingers crossed it all works out.

Good luck with finding a new horse. Vote 4 Pedro...I love the name! Cody sounds sweet, too.

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

I hope everything works out!! I'm trying to find a new horse at the moment, I can't find ONE I like, and you have two to choose from!!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Thanks everyone! They checked again on Saturday and there were just a few more minor problems from his last shoeing, but tomorrow they're making the final decision, no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by Toby's my baby
    I hope everything works out!! I'm trying to find a new horse at the moment, I can't find ONE I like, and you have two to choose from!!
    hahah! We've just been super lucky this time with horse shopping. * knock on wood * It usually takes us foreverrrr x________x

Quote Originally Posted by Toby's my baby
    Are you still keep your 2?
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Oh sound like Merlin is going to a great home.

Well, here's the latest..

The people ended up deciding not to buy him because Maddie needs more confiedence before buying a horse. BUT.. their trainer is in LOVE with him. So we're giving her until Wednesday to see if she has another client that wants him, and if not, then the trainer herself will probably buy him and use him in her program.

So, Terry Hatcher's daughter's going to look at him tomorrow, I think she's already ridden him once, but they're interested now. I think the trainer had another person that was interested as well.

Keep your fingers crossed.. once again!

Awww Merlin is so cute. Why are you selling him?
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    Awww Merlin is so cute. Why are you selling him?
    Because he's only 13.3 hands, much too small for me now. I need a bigger horse if I want to progress in horseback riding -- but I still love Merlin very much, which is why I'm happy I'll be able to visit him in his new home.

goodluck with Merlin, you're lucky that either way you can visit him. Pedro sounds awsome!

Niņo & Eliza