Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who says.......

Who says.......

that a cat doesn't understand what you tell them? All I have to say to Amy (my new adopted tuxedo kitty) is, "I'm ready for bed"! And within a few seconds she is laying on the covers waiting for me!

..............wayne

THE ONLY THING MY TWO WILLINGLY UNDERSTAND IS THE SHAKE OF THE POUNCE TREATS CONTAINER....
    No really they understand HERE KITTY and always come running and TUNA!!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

The Beans understand a lot. They both understand "Turkey", "Breakfast", and "Let's go to bed". They both also understand "Get Down" and "NO!" However, they have 'Selective Hearing' and rarely listen to the latter.

When we go to bed, we say to Kedi "go to your spot" (which is my pillow). He jumps on the bed and lays down on the pillow and starts purring.
    And of course they both understand it when I say "treats!"

They do the selective hearing thing too, like when they are chewing on a plant. it's funny how they don't even twitch when we say "no!"

Former User Guest
    Awww, that's cute Wayne!
    Casper and Kitty are hilarious when it comes to the word no. They know they aren't allowed to play with their toys in the bedroom, and when we see them going there with for example string in their mouth, we say NO with a bit louder voice, and they stop like to a wall!

As far as commanding them, usually the words "Get back", are sufficient, because in the past I have backed up this command with a squirt bottle. Now, I seldom have to use the bottle, other than to simply pick it up and they obey. However, Fawn is a bit of a problem, in that he continually does the same behavior over again, as though he has an extremely short memory, more so than most felines.

........wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 05-10-2002 at 08:24 PM.

Storm understands the words treats, birds, get in your bed, down, and no. Sunny understands no and get down but usually doesn't obey. Pepper understands bedtime, no, and down. All three usually don't obey to no or down until I stand up and clap my hands or show them the squirt water bottle.

I love it... I got "Hi Babiesssss" when I wake up or am coming into the house and here come all 3 and they come running... of course they love the sounds of treats too

~~~Rachel in Alaska
    Mom to "Max, Milo and Pepper Ann" 11.5 month old Teenagers

http://www.pbase.com/alasknmom/kittens/
    updated 10/30/02

deaf .............

Sydney loves to play deaf !!!

The best way to get a quick cure is to yell : SYDNEY , JAMMEKES !!!!

and WHAM !!! there he rushes into the kitchen ............ silly boy !!!

PS " Jammekes" is kind of Dutch for " Yamies " !!!!!

Selective hearing here too!

My two understand my calling them for a handout of food...I usually call "kitten ittens"....they come running. They also understand NO and "where's your toy"..... and GET DOWN....they don't always respond to the no and get down, as one might suspect!

Shadow and Whisper know their names, but that's about it. I'll call one to come to me in another room and they generally do come in. Callie has no idea what her name is, or the word "no", or "get down", but I think she does know when I want to give her some treats.... We usually have to walk over to them if they are being naughty to make them stop whatever they are doing...which is really irritating at 4 AM.

Karamel understand when i say "Gel pisi pisi" which means "Come pussy cat" in Turkish and he knows it means i am gonna give him some food, he comes running like a rabbit to his bowl

When I'm ready for bed, I say "Let's go nite-nite". They all run to my room, hop on the bed and jocky for position. They're not stupid.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by moosmom
    [B]When I'm ready for bed, I say "Let's go nite-nite".

When I say this words , Sydney plays "I'm deaf" ; guess who does react then : yes , LOL , my husband ...... !!!

Princess My Kitty, she understands a lot of words, like, shhh, no, bad, get down, eat, snacks, ride, and alot more. Princess is a Blue tailed Purrisan Cat, and at 3 am she likes to cause alot of trouble for attention even if it means knocking down all of your glass angels but she appoligizes. She is 2 years old and i have raised her since she was 4 weeks, for about 2 months she thought she was a rabbit because when I brought her into my home i was rasing a German Show Rabbit. As soon as I figure out this whole thing where you can show pictures I'll post some
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Kitties Are Love!

Find out what it means to me!