Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: adoption fee/price?

adoption fee/price?

what was your dog's adoption fee or price?

Beanie's adoption fee was $85

Gracie's breeder just wanted a puppy from her. since i don't think i'll be breeding her since she can't show any more i don't think she's getting a puppy. the breeder says that it's fine because she's showing/breeding only st. bernards now.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Niki- $100.00 from the Humane Society

Bozy-$200.00 from the ARPH

Buddy- $79.00 from rural shelter that was going to kill him.

My foster Pepper was adopted out for $150.00

Snuggles was $250. My grandparents were good friends with the breeders and got a $50 discount. She was originnally $300.

Roscoe was $85

We bought Sylvia and she was $650.

Harley's adoption fee was $85

Morty's adoption fee was $200

Jimmy was a rescued stray so he was "free", but since August we are up to about $2,000 in vet bills. The "free" one was the most expensive so far . He's worth every penny.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Pepper was 150 and Autumn was 85.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Nanook was about $65ish and $20 was refunded to me when we got him neutured. That was 15 years ago though, hard to remember exactly without looking at his paperwork.
    Raustyk was about the same too, but at the time (still 8 years ago) I think they charged more for most people, cept I volunteered there & she was a special case too.

I do know that currently the local shelters around me charge about $65-$85 if they are NOT fixed, but then you always get about $25ish refunded now when you get them spayed/neutered. They do ALL come UTD on vaccines, heartworm tested, etc...

One of the shelters adopts out ONLY fixed animals, of course they are also UTD on vaccines, microchip, heartworm test & preventative, flea treatment, ID tag, and more and they only charge $120 for dogs and $75 for cats.
    Last edited by lv4dogs; 05-24-2006 at 12:59 PM.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Fenway was about $300....but he's worth $1 billion!!!

I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Mandy's adoption fee was $65

Nova was $300

Luka was adopted for free (the humane society wouldn't let us pay since we volunteer a lot)

Buck was $175 - I got a huge discount for helping out with the litter

Charlie was 85 at a rescue

Deebo was $250. We took him back to the breeders house with us when we went to get Jackson for Robin's mom, and they said we owed them some more money because he stayed so small.. They charge more for their smaller pups.

Skylar was $425. I would have paid 425,000,000 though for her.. I've always wanted a harlequin great dane, and her being a blue harlequin made it even more special.. But Skylar chose me. We went over there to see the puppies and she followed me everywhere I went and then when I picked her up she snuggled up on my shoulder and went to sleep. When Robin tried to pet her she started whining.. Lol.. Skylar is definitely a momma's baby. Her personality is what won me over... I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.

Itty Bitty (Isabelle) was $200.. The woman wanted $250 for the puppies, and we were happy to pay that, but we talked her down to $200.. There is no way I would have left her there regardless of how much they wanted for her. The conditions they kept those poor puppies in was horrible. I would have taken them all if I could have, just to get them out of that place. We reported them to CKC after we got her.

Jackson was $300, but we didn't pay for him. Robin's mom did, and then they were going to get rid of him because she was going to be staying in a rehabilitation center/nursing home, and Robin didn't want to let them do that, so we just took him back home with us.

Annie & Bailee were free.. I got Annie from some people who didn't want her anymore, and Bailee was from an accidental litter Annie had.

I haven't gotten the chance to adopt YET, but all the dogs and cats at our no kill HS are $50, and most of them have already been fixed.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Our animal shelter charges $120 for puppies and $90 for adults. They are all speutered and UTD on shots.

The rescue I got Jack from charges $115.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Mickey's was $151.00 from Funds For Furry Friends
    Molly's was $164.00 from Animal Services

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

The dogs adopted from the Humane Society were all 160. Muskwa was 350 from his breeder. I didn't pay anything for the ones I've adopted from other mushers. At least not to adopt them, I've paid plenty for other things for them!

The cats were 120 from the Humane Society. Polly Paws' bail from the pound was 40 bucks.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving