Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've Finally Had It!

I've Finally Had It!

Yesterday I finally reached the end. I found spray/urine all over. It took me 2 or more hours to just clean that alone. I finally lost it and put Mouser in the garage/cat run. I was about ready to open the back door and let Leila out, but I held back. I decided to do a test and see if I find anymore urine after Mouser’s been out before I put Leila out. This morning I didn’t find any. We’ll see what happens when I get home today. I figure if it’s Mouser he will just have to be one of the cats that comes in only when we’re around to supervise. The thing that made me lose it was there was spray from one end of my monitor to the other. Our new digital camera has already been ruined, and I just had it. I do feel terrible about changing his “routine” but what else can I do? It’s just getting worse and worse and I’m worn out from cleaning and cleaning.

Speaking of cleaning..we introduced Scooter to the cat run and he loves it. We will put him out there when we’re home and back in his room when we’re not. Once he’s grown and out of the woods for any UTI’s he’ll be able to spend more time out there.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I hope ya'll can find out why he is doing the spray thing and get it fixed. Will keep ya in the prayers!
    Mommy to Timothy, Cheese, Chaz and Junior...and RB Baby Doodles

Sometimes that's all you can do. Don't beat yourself up over it, and you are NOT a horrible person at all. Some cats, pets, animals, just have problems that we can't fix no matter how badly we want to or try to fix them. You've already done more for him so far than others would have done!!

facebook

Eeeeewwww....all over the monitor? I think I'd be a bit upset too.

I don't know....but in my opinion being banished to your cat run isn't too harsh for punishment - I LOVE that cat run and I'm sure Mouser will too. Maybe some of the "big boys" out there will help to put him in his place and stop all that spraying.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry that you are still having this problem.

You did what you had to do and like Debbie said, being put out in the cat run is no punishment at all. I'm sure Mouser will probably enjoy it out there also.

You have gone way beyond the call of duty for these cats. At least you didn't do what many people would have done (and I don't mean anyone on here) and that is just throw him outside. A person can only take just so much, before they've had enough. My heart goes out to you and I pray that this solution will be the end of your problems.

((((((HUGS))))))

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Mouser- that is really too nawtee!

Lisa, we are all with you in that decision.

Oh, I understand the problem way more than you know. It drives me right up the wall - after I get up off my hands and knees from cleaning.

All over the monitor?? That would be more than enough for me.

That may have been what he wanted all the time anyway! If that cat run is as nice as everyone says, what cat wouldn't want to be out there 24/7?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

It's a good thing I don't have carpeting. I can only imagine what the house would smell like. He seems to be adjusting well in the short time he's been out there. I can tell he misses us and we have made special efforts to go out and pet him more. I have to admit I miss his antics in the house. Now we'll see if Miss Leila does any of her peeing. If so, it may be the cat run and garage for her also. I'm trying to talk Kevin into extending the run, so we'll see what happens.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Tubby 2 Will Spray Once In A While But S Far Its In The Basement.
    I Dont Know What I Wiuld Do Ih He Sprayed On The Computer.
    I Know It Hurts But You Cant Have Him Ruining Your House.
    One Sprayed A Smell Is So Hard To Get Rid Of Totally.
    We Are Praying That Theres A Solution.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

There has to come a point where we break and shift them into less cozy living conditions because we are sane people (ignoring the opinions of non-PT people). It makes you writhe with guilt, no matter that their conditions are still many times better than most cats in this world, because you want to offer them the best, but their behavior won't allow it. So, guilt and frustration are what we live with, and the glimmer of hope that things will somehow change as they age.

I had to make the same kind of choice this weekend with Macduff and it breaks my heart, but the destruction was too great and on top of what Tom had destroyed, and much more than I could afford.

This is the first time in months I've come home and didn't have pee to clean-up. I'm not getting my hopes up totally that the problem may be solved, but this is a good start. He's out there meowing wanting inside and it does break my heart. I had to do this with Bentley and now he doesn't even want to come inside. Why do they have to do what comes naturally? They should know a good thing when they have it!

Sounds like your cat run is a great place. The cats are safe and they can do the things that are part of being a territorial predator without harming their human's home. Some cats "get" human rules and some just don't. It sounds like the best possible compromise. It is hard that he cries for inside time, but his behavior inside was "crying" for freedom to be free to act out his needs too. In my opinion you have given him a really great gift.

you all in my prayers, lucks for whatever you will figure out! I absolutely feel your frustration, they can't speak, you can't scold. I'm curious if leila have stopped..

(((gentle hug)))

(p.s. amelia and brock hasn't come back at all)..
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Everyone has their breaking point. To keep us sane, sometimes we need to think of ourselves over others. And putting Mouser in the cat run is certainly NOT an inhumane thing to do. It will soon become his HOME and he will still have the beneifts of both of you visiting.

Good luck with Leila.