Thread: I've Finally Had It!

Hybrid View

I've Finally Had It!

Yesterday I finally reached the end. I found spray/urine all over. It took me 2 or more hours to just clean that alone. I finally lost it and put Mouser in the garage/cat run. I was about ready to open the back door and let Leila out, but I held back. I decided to do a test and see if I find anymore urine after Mouser’s been out before I put Leila out. This morning I didn’t find any. We’ll see what happens when I get home today. I figure if it’s Mouser he will just have to be one of the cats that comes in only when we’re around to supervise. The thing that made me lose it was there was spray from one end of my monitor to the other. Our new digital camera has already been ruined, and I just had it. I do feel terrible about changing his “routine” but what else can I do? It’s just getting worse and worse and I’m worn out from cleaning and cleaning.

Speaking of cleaning..we introduced Scooter to the cat run and he loves it. We will put him out there when we’re home and back in his room when we’re not. Once he’s grown and out of the woods for any UTI’s he’ll be able to spend more time out there.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I hope ya'll can find out why he is doing the spray thing and get it fixed. Will keep ya in the prayers!
    Mommy to Timothy, Cheese, Chaz and Junior...and RB Baby Doodles

Sometimes that's all you can do. Don't beat yourself up over it, and you are NOT a horrible person at all. Some cats, pets, animals, just have problems that we can't fix no matter how badly we want to or try to fix them. You've already done more for him so far than others would have done!!

facebook

Eeeeewwww....all over the monitor? I think I'd be a bit upset too.

I don't know....but in my opinion being banished to your cat run isn't too harsh for punishment - I LOVE that cat run and I'm sure Mouser will too. Maybe some of the "big boys" out there will help to put him in his place and stop all that spraying.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry that you are still having this problem.

You did what you had to do and like Debbie said, being put out in the cat run is no punishment at all. I'm sure Mouser will probably enjoy it out there also.

You have gone way beyond the call of duty for these cats. At least you didn't do what many people would have done (and I don't mean anyone on here) and that is just throw him outside. A person can only take just so much, before they've had enough. My heart goes out to you and I pray that this solution will be the end of your problems.

((((((HUGS))))))

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Mouser- that is really too nawtee!

Lisa, we are all with you in that decision.