Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Friday night "roadtrip" surprise

A Friday night "roadtrip" surprise

You guys aren't going to believe what my husband did Friday night. There is a long, tearful, loving story behind it. I wasn't ready, but he didn't want me to be sad anymore...........look at my new baby (English Bulldog baby boy.....my little dream dog). He said he just couldn't bear to even think about adopting an older one right now (GR or Bulldog) and he took me, our 3 kids and two of Helen's friends on a mystery road trip Friday night. None of us had any idea where we were going, just assumed that Scott was creating a diversion to get our minds off of Zip. Well, Scott had located a breeder in Aiken, SC and they drove to Greenwood to meet us with their two remaining little boy puppies. I immediately burst into tears when I saw them because I realized what he was doing and it started my grieving for Zip all over again. Scott had the best of intentions. He simply can't bear for me to hurt. He told me this morning that the only thing that could ever be worse than seeing me like I was last week would be if he had done something to cause it, himself. I think this healed some of his hurt too. Some of you probably remember that in the last six months, we have lost two of our wonderful retrievers, the only two dogs Scott has ever had in his adult life that he didn't "inherit" by marrying me. I told Helen on Friday morning, that it would probably be a while before we got another dog and when we did, it needed to be Scott that determined which dog and when it was time. I must admit that he surprised me with his swift action. I might have chosen to go the rescue route (I know I would have, and would gladly have adopted an older dog......we will do that again, eventually). The children and Scott are smiling and I am smiling through my tears. I am very proud of my new little boy. I need to quit trying to justify him and show him to you. I'll get more pictures, later, to share with you.

I hope my Zipper knows that I will honor his memory until the day I die. Scott told me, over the weekend, as I went through another crying spell, that Zipper was never mad at a single person or dog the entire time that we had the pleasure of knowing him and that he was sure that he was happy, knowing that his mom was smiling........oh God, I hope so.

Now, meet baby Mack:

Logan
    Last edited by Logan; 05-22-2006 at 10:07 AM.

Oh Logan, what a kind and lovely thing for Scott to do for you. Of course you will have other dogs and rescue more dogs when the time is right, but I understand what he means that it is just too early to think about an older dog just now.

Enjoy your adorable new baby and let his puppy antics heal you.

Welcome to your fabulous new home, Mack. You are a lucky boy.

he is sooo sweet.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

What a wonderful man he must be.........cute little pup
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Awwwwwwww! I hope you can sleep if someone is snoring, because you just got yourself a smush-faced ball-of-love snore master! Snort, snort, grunt!

Congratulations on the new baby! And now you and Scott have "Yours, (his kids) Mine (Helen and your fids) and Ours (Mack, who belongs to everyone!)

You do not have to justify this to anyone, silly. Love never does! You guys will rescue again some day, but for now, I think Mack is just perfect. Snort!

oh Logan, that was a wonderful thing your hubby did. Mack is really cute!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Hes precious! you dont need to justify why you got a puppy thats no one elses buisness but yours so dont feel bad about not rescuing you have a gorgeous little pup there who also needed a home so dont feel bad at all.

anyway

I'm in love! He looks so squeezable there, I bet you cant resist cuddles with him. How old is he?

Aaaaaaa *thunk*
    He is just too cute. What a lucky little boy he is to have been chosen by you. I, too, got adopted a new furbaby soon after losing one, it does help somewhat (you are too busy laughing sometimes to notice the pain). I am so happy for you and Mack. Okay, we are ready for more pictures now.

If I can stop the tears from flooding the keyboard, let me say that he is just precious Logan. What a sweet little dollbaby. Kisses to that little guy from me. I strongly suspect that Zipper and Murphy had a paw in this and all they wanted was to see Mom smiling and happy again. Those two couldn't have known more love than what you gave them while on this earth. There's another party going on at the Rainbow Bridge right now in celebration of Mack's arrival. God love Scott, you, and your family

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

What a great thing for him to do. Zipper will always be honored by not only your family but by Pet Talk too!

Mack is a doll! What a cutie. How old is he?

WOW. What a loving, kindhearted deed Scott did for you! That is just amazing. We all know that Mack doesn't replace anyone, he is just one more loving element of your family. WOW, is really all I can say. You must feel blessed.

Hi Cutie Mack! Welcome to PT.

OMG!! I can't stop giggling.. because he is just THE CUTEST THING I think I have ever laid my eyes on!!!

I hope this little guy can help the healing process progress faster!! He sure does seem like a funny little pup!!! Just looking at the pictures has brightened up my day!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Thank you all for understanding this situation. I think my husband probably knew that I would be ready to start looking at rescues (Goldens, of course) in short order and he just wasn't ready to go that route yet. We were already on the waiting list for an English Bulldog rescue with two different groups, but finding one that could be with other dogs, cats and children was not easy. There are far fewer EBD rescues than Goldens, for sure, and hardly any in our area.

This is a special little boy, for sure.

He is so cute.

i´m so happy you found that dreamy puppy and so..........awwww...........at your hubby for what he did to see you happy.........

i´m sure Zipper would want it that way.........mommy happy and someone to share her love with as you did with him.........Hugs to you and happy squishy snorts to that gorgeous ball of fur
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365