Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am so proud of them: pics added!!!!!

I am so proud of them: pics added!!!!!

This coming Thursday my dear parents are celebrating their 60th, diamond, Anniversary!!! What a huge achievement !! I am so mighty proud of them!
    They've had a rough times, like the big flood in Europe in 1953;they lost a baby after 3 years; my mom got multiple sclerosis
    But through all these years, they have loved and cared about each other, in good and in bad days! My dad is the best, as he has always taken such good care for my mom. He cooks, does the washing, etc...!
    Like I said: I am sooooooo proud of them!!

This coming Thursday there will be a big celebration! First there is a special mass at the church; Dad's brother (my godfather too!) will be the priest. I will read several texts! In fact I prepared the whole mass

Then there willbe a big reception; All their friends and family is invited there!
    I made the invitations ! This is the front page:

Then we are all going to a cosy restaurant for a yummie dinner! I will also give a speech there, and give mom and dad the present I made for them:

I hope they will like it!
    I will try to make lots of pics! In the meantime, I am proud to present PT some great pics from the past!!

Engaged

Just married!

more pics in next post!!
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 05-27-2006 at 05:53 AM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Wow thats great! Congrats to your parents!

Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin.

My Photos

on their honeymoon in France

On my own wedding (mom was standing up for the pic, but had to sit back in her wheelchair then)

10 years ago, on their 50th anniversary!

6 years ago

on one of their trips together

1 or 2 years ago. Their lips look so red here, I have no idea why....

That's it!! I hope nobody minds that I posted pics of my parents. I just couldn't help myself, I am such proud daughter!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Such a beautiful and moving thread (LES here). I am sure they are as proud of you as you obviously are of them!

I hope you all have a fantastic time on Thursday and wish them many more happy years together
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Congratulations to your parents Lut! What a nice looking couple.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Definitely an event that deserves a big celebration. Congratulations to them! I do love looking at old photographs. Thank you so much for letting us see them.

I hope you all have a great time on Thursday.

What a beautiful couple they are! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Killearn Kitties
    Definitely an event that deserves a big celebration. Congratulations to them! I do love looking at old photographs. Thank you so much for letting us see them.

I hope you all have a great time on Thursday.
    Me too! (everything that she said! )

Sixty years is a very long time and there aren't many couples that make it that long, either due to death or divorce . It sounds like you have some terrific parents which explains why you have turned into such a sweet caring adult. I really enjoyed this glimpse into their past and wish them many happy years ahead. They don't look old enough to be married that long!
    Last edited by Pam; 05-22-2006 at 06:47 AM.

WOW!!! What an honorable achievement!!!! It just makes my heart warm to look at their pictures!! They look just fabulous to have been married 60 years.. and look so happy!

CONGRATULATIONS to them!! I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL time at their anniversary party!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Looking at these gave me the LES too.. That is so sweet and they have been so blessed to have been married so long and still look as good as they do. They look amazing! They got married the year I was born!

I LOVE looking at the old black and white photo's and dig Mama and Daddys out from time to time and go through them, just looking and "feeling" the times. I don't blame you one bit for being so proud of them and I know they are proud of you too. They are going to love the gift you made for them, it is just SO speacial!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thanks for sharing that is wonderful. Your parents look young and vibrant, even though your mom is in a wheelchair she still looks great.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

12. Very best wishes to your parents Lut! They have aged well...

My parents had their 60th in February 2005. It is amazing to think of such a long, challenging but interesting time together.

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Thanks for sharing that is wonderful. Your parents look young and vibrant, even though your mom is in a wheelchair she still looks great.
    She does, but that's about it. Due to her MS, she cannot use her arms or legs, and has to be helped for EVERYTHING! She is also dementing lately . I hope she will realize and enjoy the celebration!! I love my mom!!!!

I am sorry she is having those problems Lut. She is very lucky to have such a great husband.

My father suffered from alzheimers and the dementia was very hard to watch, just remember all the good times even when she cannot.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

What a great post! It is great to see all the pictures of the years gone by! What an achievement, you must be so proud of them! Be proud of yourself too for planning such a great event for them!

They look like a lovely couple and even though your Mom has her struggles and is dementing, Im sure she will be able to appreciate the celebration. When I worked in the nursing home I worked with patients like that and when their family came you could see it in their eyes that they enjoyed themselves

I hope you have a great time this thursday Lut!

Thank-You Kay (Kfamr) for the beautiful signature!

Marie