Thread: Ah, water!

Ah, water!

Earlier this morning, I filled my house water tank up with water from my well for the first time! It's not piped in yet, but the hose worked just fine! Just ran the hose over to where the water delivery guy fills the tank. Then I took a 20 minute shower, just because I could!

As an added bonus, I have a four day weekend, the house to myself and it's actually warm out! For the first time this year, I'm wearing shorts today. Those of you in the warmer climates would still be freezing, but 14C is shorts and t-shirt weather up here!

Pointless post, but I was pretty excited about that whole water thing!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Glacier, I can't remember in Fahrenheit isn't that about 40 degrees? Hehe that would be sweatsuit weather for me.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

That is so great!! I am wondering though what you did BEFORE ? How did you get water? Was it brought to you by truck?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Glacier, I can't remember in Fahrenheit isn't that about 40 degrees? Hehe that would be sweatsuit weather for me.

It's 57F. Anything above 10C(50F) and people up here are in summer gear! It was actually funny yesterday. It was about 10C and it was really easy to pick out the tourists in town. They were still wearing winter jackets!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
    That is so great!! I am wondering though what you did BEFORE ? How did you get water? Was it brought to you by truck?
    Yes, there is a company in town that does water deliveries. Stuart actually did water delivery for awhile, until his back got so bad that he couldn't drive his truck anymore. We had water delivered a couple times a month for a ridiculous price. The price more than doubled if we ran out before our next scheduled delivery. We usually didn't call if that happened, just didn't have water until the next delivery! Even with the extra we spent drilling deeper than expected, the well will have paid for itself in 5 years. Our water guy is very nice, but delivery day was always a bit stressful. Preacher couldn't be outside(he's blind and occasionally nips when he's startled). The truck has to come through 2 major gates. If one of those isn't closed properly, the dogs can escape.
    --John Irving

oh my goodness.. all whole stresses you had just because of water. prices, gates, dogs, no water, limitations, especially having 20+ thristy huskies, etc.. am glad you have some pipin' in now!

hey, 50F isn't too cold for me, you would never recognize me as a tourist! wanna bet? seriously, that's why I moved away from roasty state and I like to walk in snow barefoot with tanks & shorts. also, a fact where I live than where you are is colder! now it's getting warm up to 50F.

WATERGRATULATIONS!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I can't imagine how excited you must be. I take my water for granted since I've always had it and never had to worry about running out. I'd be one of those people in a winter jacket...
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Took the words outta my mouth....we do take that for granted!

Sounds like the hassle of having all the inconvience for you and
    the dogs, makes having your own water that much better. Is the
    water very cold when it comes from your tank?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am one that takes my water for granted also.

I'm so happy for you and I bet you really enjoyed that 20 min. shower. I hope you have a great 4 day weekend and get to relax a little and have some fun.