Thread: Lavender-scented litter

Lavender-scented litter

Does anybody use this? I wonder what my cats would think about it?

Introducing our Lavender-Scented Herbal Cat Litter
    in a money-saving 15 lb. bag!

Herbal Cat Litter smells great!

This lavender-scented litter is made from all-natural corncob particles that clump instantly and trap odors immediately. It absorbs more than four times its own weight but is half the weight of clumping clay litters, which makes it easier to carry and dispose of used litter. Add all these factors up and you have a litter that lasts up to three times longer! It's flushable, and will not harm toilets or septic systems with clogging or residue build-up. Earth-friendly and cat-friendly, this is the litter we use with our 30+ office cats! The new 15 lb. bag is the same price as 2 of the 7 lb. bags, so it's like getting a pound of litter free!

Made by VETBASIS.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I used a lavender scented litter a year or so ago, I think it was corn based, but only one of the cats would use it and then only when most of the other litter boxes had been used. After a year, I ended up throwing what was left away. It may have been the feel of the litter, it was very fine and loose so that their paws would have sunk into it easily, or it could have been the scent. I much preferred it to the perfume they put in the unscented clay litters (that always ticks me off, unscented should mean no scent) but it has to be cats' choice.

I really like the corn based one I bought recently, though I can't afford to keep buying it unfortunately. That's the World's Best Cat Litter, also corn based.

I don't know -- I do know *I* would not be able to stand it --- perfumy litter drives me nuts, and I cannot see how lavender and amonia will blend to continually keep a pleasant smell. Bleck.

From everything I've read, cats don't like scented litters. I've used Feline Pine now for over 3 years and love it. Lavender and urine smell together??? I'm with Catnapper - Bleck!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I just read in the local newspaper that one way to keep outdoor cats out of your flower beds is to spread LAVENDER around!

Hmm, I also agree with the scented litter idea.......NOT a good idea.
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

I Just Have The Feeling Tha
    T The Found Cats Would No Care For That At All.
    I Tried The Cyrstal Litter And They Would Not Go Near It.
    I Am Staying With The Pet Valu Heavy Duty Non Scented.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS