Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It sounds like they are saying...

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

It sounds like they are saying...

When I'm away at work for 2 weeks, I look forward to reuniting with the kitties. None of them are particularly talkative, but when I get home they come running meowing and squeaking away. Here's what it sounds like they are saying.

Halo ~ Hello. Glad you're home. I don't know where you go and why you are gone so long, but as long as I don't have to go to the vet, I'm happy.

Cammie ~ Oh, it's you. Were you gone? I never noticed. Do you have to live here? Sure, you're useful to me once in a while, but I need to be adored 24 hours a day, and you are sadly lacking in that area. Just don't get between me and Bobcat and I'll let you live here. If you have to.

Pepper ~ Hello! Hi! Howdy! Guess what? While you were gone, Halo made long distance phone calls. Cammie had boys over. I was a good girl. Halo went outside unsupervised. Cammie jumped on the kitchen counter. I was a good girl. Did you bring me anything? Can I help you unpack? Your suitcase sure smells interesting. Did I tell you that I was a good girl while you were gone?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

MooShoo greets me at the door every night meowing away saying, "Oh mummy, I love you SO much, come give me some sugar!!"

Maya Linn, on the otherhand, says, "Yeah, glad you're home now couldya please get your butt up to the kitchen and feed us???"

Shortie just rolls on the floor and waits for me to scratch her armpits.

Mollie Rose could care less. What do ya want for a 12 year old??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I came home one day and picked up Chuck and said, were you a good boy today and he said Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! No lie!

Is was clear as day! LOL My daughter and I were rolling!
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    ------------------------------------------------
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

------------------------------------------------

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!

CJ comes running from wherever he is and starts loudly meowing his hellos as he rubs on the nearby walls waiting for me to bend down and give him hello pets. It's so funny, because he does this to everyone who walks in the door!

If Peanut is up she'll come running. She won't say anything but will immediately go trotting off to the kitchen for treats. If she's not up, forget about it!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Lisa - you did a great job showing the personalities of each cat with what they were saying. So, Pepper is the suck-up is she?

I won't list 14 responses, it would drive you all crazy. Raven is the one cat who doesn't say anything to me since he's still very feral, and he's only been with me for 10 days. He just looks at me with a "Oh god, you're back, now I have to run and hide" look of horror on his face. Quite a welcome!

When I come home and call the boys, they'll both come running (usually), but Archy is the only who who 'talks'. He trills to me constantly, telling me about his day, how he went from window to window following that pesky squirrel or watching the neighbor's cat sun herself. Then he'll tell me about his naps and the lunch he enjoyed and the other nap he took.

Binky, however, says nothing, just walks into the kitchen and rubs against the refrigerator, which is his signal to be fed...NOW.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Max:

feed me
    FEED ME
    FEED ME
    FEED ME
    WHY AREN'T YOU FEEDING ME???
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

JJJ3 is MMMMRRRRRRROWING FOR TEMPTATIONS>
    Scrappy 2 wants a piece of cheese.
    They all want to see whats in the shopping bags.
    and they all say.
    WE LOVE YOU!!!
    Welcome HOME, DAD!!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I can't wait to see how mine greet me when I get back from work in June.. They are probably going to resent me invading their "turf" once they get use to being here alone and I come home.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie
    Lisa - you did a great job showing the personalities of each cat with what they were saying. So, Pepper is the suck-up is she?
    lol It's more that Pepper only has one tone of voice. You know how most cats have different sounds? Pepper doesn't. She has a sort of crabby sounding voice (her personality is not crabby at all) that sounds like she is informing on everyone (ratting everyone out). She seems to have a lot to say. It just sounds like she's gossiping about everyone.

Soni - Hi, how are ya? Can I have some love? Are you going to pet me? *streeetches on your leg* Will you PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME?! PICK ME UP! Gimme kisses!

Isis - Oh, you're home? Great. Are you going to feed me? If not, I'll just resume my nap.

Tiger Lily (foster) - EEEEEEEEHK! You're home! *climbs up your leg* Hooray! Can I have some snacks and lovin? Thanks!

Too funny! Boy don't you just wish you knew what they were really thinking!?
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by K & L
    Too funny! Boy don't you just wish you knew what they were really thinking!?
    Only when I'm worried about them. I think it's best that we don't know what they are thinking most of the time because it would be blow to our self-esteem. I have a feeling that most of them have the same constant thoughts as Slick's Max.

Allen: Oh, hi. Yawn. You woke me up

Pouncer: Drat, its that nutsy lady who insists on picking me up. Maybe I can run before she notices I was waiting for her to get home.

Harry: Oh good, someone is here to feed me! I'm starving here!

Abby: Hiya meowmie! Pouncer picked on me.

Flutter: Hiya! Pet me! Pet me! Petme! Excuse me, I said PET ME! (she's too cute, because if we ignore her, she'll grab our arm to tell us that we're not listening to her "pet me" demands)

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    Flutter: Hiya! Pet me! Pet me! Petme! Excuse me, I said PET ME! (she's too cute, because if we ignore her, she'll grab our arm to tell us that we're not listening to her "pet me" demands)
    I love it! Kuhio used to do something like that. She'd sit beside you and pat your arm over and over until she got attention. Once she smacked the newspaper out of Bob's hands when he insisted on reading it instead of adoring her.