Thread: I'm tired of the war

I'm tired of the war

Hey there,

I'm new here and so sorry to start off with a venting post. I just learned some awful news. My husband is in Iraq right now and we just found out he has to go to Iraq AGAIN (3rd time) when he gets home . We've already been separated for a year now and I'm just ready to pull our troops out and have my husband home!!
    I know my opinion doesn't matter much to the world but it's making me really frustrated with the President especially since it has been affecting me personally for so long. I don't understand why we are even over there anymore. I don't know if I even understand why we went over there in the first place. When is this going to end?????

Frustrated,
    Katy

I think we are all tired of the war.

I do not know when, or how, it will end. Sadly, I don't think anyone does. What kind of outfit is your husband in? Just curious.

I am sick of it too

I don't know why everyone calls it a war, anyway. It isn't as though the US was feuding with Iraq. I am so anti-war that I dare not type what I really think, for fear it will tick off too many people.

I don't have any loved ones in Iraq or Afganistan - lucky me. I do know someone (23 yr. old) who lost his life in Iraq. He was a Marine, and proud of it. Bless his soul.

We need to have a female president.

I think you should both be thanked for the sacrifices you are making for your idiot President. I pray your hubby will be home safe with you soon
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Katy...how does your husband feel about going back? I am interested in hearing what the guys over there think.

I am sorry your husband has to go back it must be very hard on you.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Brody's Mum
    I think you should both be thanked for the sacrifices you are making for your idiot President. I pray your hubby will be home safe with you soon

The men and women who join the military do not do it for a single President, or a single politician - offices change and pols come and go during the course of their careers. But we are all grateful for the men and women in uniform, and their families with them, who make that choice, and make that sacrifice, for all of us.

I hope your husband can come through it all unscathed, although he will not be unchanged, none of us would be. But that you have some good time together before he gets shipped back, and you never know, they could change their minds, it has happened before.

Yes, I have a brother (Lady's Human) who has been Army Active Duty - is now Reserves, and a nephew who just finished Navy Basic Training, and is in school for his specialty.

We have had at least one family member in the military for every war, except WWII (Dad enlisted Sept. of '47) and Vietnam - the ages were off for both of those, folks were either too old or too young.

We need to have a female president
    AMEN TO THAT!!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Hey there,

Thanks for replying. I apologize for venting last night. It's just tough to swallow bad news sometimes.

To answer a couple questions: My hubby is in the Marines. I'm not sure exactly how he feels about being over there/going over again. They train those guys to never ask questions and to have so much respect for their officers and higher ranks. (At least my hubby does) I honestly can't say how he feels. He is just proud to be a Marine. On the other hand, some days he is super frustrated with things and it comes out. I think deep down he wants it to be over.

Some guys have really hard experiences and others it's a lot easier to deal with. As far as my husband goes well, he hasn't had a day off since he's been there and they work him 16 hours a day. It doesn't even feel like I'm talking to the same person anymore sometimes because he's so mentally/physically exhausted.

To sasvermont: I understand your frustration. No, it's not a war with Iraq. It's a war with terrorism that happens to mostly take place in Iraq. I guess the whole point of us being over there is to train their army and to capture insurgents. BUT, a couple days ago we trained a whole army and afterwards the Iraqi's just took off their uniform and through it on the ground because they didn't like where they had been stationed. ::sigh::
    I hate hearing stuff like that because sometimes it feels like we're never making any progress. Which means people like my husband have to keep going back over and over and over.

To be honest, it feels kind of good hearing that you guys are frustrated with all this too! It's good to know people care about our country and care about our troops.

I started off being pro-Bush in the beginning and I don't think I feel the same anymore. I wish he would just get a grip on this mess.

My heart breaks for you. I hope for the day every one of our military personnel comes home from a place we have no business being.

I live on the edge of Camp Pendleton and hear much of the frustration and anger of the marines and their families.

I cannot begin to know how you must feel but it makes me think of when I was in college. It was the height of the Viet Nam conflict. And the Nixon impeachment. The world around me was in turmoil. And I was so angry. This was suppose to be a great time for me....and all anyone talked about or cared about...was war and Nixon.

I know that sounds terribly selfish but there was a war for what? So I can get a really cheap manicure? Viet Nam has a communist government and the world continues to turn.

I have opposed this war since before it began because of people like you and your husband.

I fervently hope your husband... all the husbands and wives... return home soon and safely.

Thank you for your kind reply! You put a big smile on my face.

BTW, Looks like we're neighbors. We're stationed at Camp Pendleton!

11. Care to join us? Picnic