Thread: Urgent!!! For litterbox deodorizer users!!!!

Urgent!!! For litterbox deodorizer users!!!!

This was posted on FB. Has to do with Arm & Hammer Litterbox Deodorizer. It's deadly!!!

READ ON:

Arm and Hammer litterbox deodorizer (in the orange box). This product is designed to be shaken into the litter box. It is DEADLY if inhaled!!!!

My friend's sweet kitty opened the cabinet it was stored in, and (in her own words) "when it puff......ed out of the box it looked like fun to a naughty Sphynx and she was pouncing in it and playing in it. When she was playing in it she must have inhaled a bunch. She put up the good fight for 18hrs and then just couldn't do it anymore...Please tell people not to buy it or to lock it up...It was a horrid way for her to die."

I've been emailing my friend since last night when this happened, and I've been watching this tragedy slowly unfold. PLEASE, for the love of the nakeds, do NOT buy this product! We ALL know dust is dangerous to kitties (hence why we try to use dust-free litter) but this product is MADE dusty and fluffy!

ARm and Hammer needs to know that their product KILLS CATS!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Tragic!

I don't use it, will help spread the word.

How horrible. Thanks for spreading the news. I've bought it in the past but any kind of scented product seems to bother me and my cats so I don't use anything any more. I actually bought some spray which I thought would be better but the scent is far too strong for my nose and I noticed that Sky would start sneezing a lot more than usual so I also stopped using this. I just scoop twice a day and use Oust if they do a really big stinky.

How sad. I do use it & have for several years, but keep it well away
    from the cats & dogs. I sprinkle some into the litter box before adding litter.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I use it under my litter and then in small amounts. I will tell my significant other about this. He uses the stuff and leaves it out on the kitchen counter. He will not be doing THAT anymore!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I searched this on snopes and there is nothing about it there. So I just did a google search and the only thing that came up was this thread. LOL

I've used this product for YEARS! I love it! I also do not use it too often and I don't leave it on top of the litter. Either I sprinkle it on and then add new litter on top. Or if I do sprinkle it on and do not need to add litter I cut it into the existing litter.
    I think I do have a box sitting out. It's been there for a while. But I will be moving it to the cabinet tonight.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am seriously doubting the validity of this. If it had really happened, the product would have been taken off of the market. Arm and Hammer has been around for a long time. If it is true, I am sorry for the owner's loss.

I have been using this product for ages and have never had a problem with it. I am someone who does not like strong sents or even candles! But this does not bother me at all. And I have never noticed that it bothers any of my cats! In fact some of them just wait for me to do the boxes so that they can jump right in and make a stinky mess.

I sprinkle a little bit on top of the litter before I scoop out the litter pans therefore it gets mixed in well. It helps take the "cat" odor out of the litter that is left behind after scooping. We keep the boxes out of reach of the cats but close to the litter pans.

I keep all harmful cleaning products in a cabinet under the kitchen sink... but I have a large, standing up right (as tall as the cabinet door), medal kitty sitting in front of that cabinet. If the cats try to open that door the medal cat falls over and makes a loud racket. Scares the cats away and alerts me at the same time. After they try that and get scared from the noise of the falling cat they leave that cabinet alone. I also have some of those in front of my food cabinets! They are decorative and provide safety for the cats at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbPond View Post
    I have been using this product for ages and have never had a problem with it. I am someone who does not like strong sents or even candles! But this does not bother me at all. And I have never noticed that it bothers any of my cats! In fact some of them just wait for me to do the boxes so that they can jump right in and make a stinky mess.

I sprinkle a little bit on top of the litter before I scoop out the litter pans therefore it gets mixed in well. It helps take the "cat" odor out of the litter that is left behind after scooping. We keep the boxes out of reach of the cats but close to the litter pans.

I keep all harmful cleaning products in a cabinet under the kitchen sink... but I have a large, standing up right (as tall as the cabinet door), medal kitty sitting in front of that cabinet. If the cats try to open that door the medal cat falls over and makes a loud racket. Scares the cats away and alerts me at the same time. After they try that and get scared from the noise of the falling cat they leave that cabinet alone. I also have some of those in front of my food cabinets! They are decorative and provide safety for the cats at the same time.
    It isn't true. Well, maybe the cat perished, but not from the Arm and Hammer product. I actually emailed the company because I was concerned about using it. They said there is no validity to it.

I am sure that Donna posted this in good faith. It is almost as though you need to double check the truth of anything new that is posted on the internet.

Arm and Hammer even advertises on their box that it is good for littler boxes. This is an old company - I feel confident that they would protect their reputation.

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/art...at-litter.html

You all may be interested in this information.