Thread: The Video that Made me go Vegetarian..

The Video that Made me go Vegetarian..

I thought I would share the actual video that made me finally break down and go Veg. It is graphic, so if you don't like graphic, I recommend you don't watch it.
    (I don't *THINK* you have ot have a myspace to watch it)
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=692923727&n=2
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Heartbreaking, isn't it?

By going vegetarian you know that you are standing up against terrible cruelty like that.

Zimbabwe 07/13

OMG! i feel no desire for meat. i feel nausous(sp?). i think i'm going to go vegetarian. that video has me in tears.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

That was an awful movie, but you don't have to become vegetarian to fight animal cruelty like that.

But just.. gross. I couldn't stand watching them slit their throats.

facebook

You can support free range,humanly killed animals,instead of grocery stores. I'm not going to watch the video..i've already seen it before. Its heartbreaking...

I agree that the video is very heart breaking. But a couple of things come to mind:

PETA, IMHO, has a bad reputation, and I have seen enough of their "stuff" that I believe their credibility is greatly shaken. The episode comes to mind where they were slipping antifreeze into dog's water bowls because no dog should be kept as a pet.

Secondly, the old "truth in advertising". I do NOT believe that through this emotionally driven video, you are seeing the whole truth as it really is. I am very good friends with some dairy farmers that live near us. Is it always pleasant? No Way! But they treat their animals as humanely as possible, and there is definitely none of the "abuse" that is portrayed in that video. So to say that ALL animals are mistreated, that is a far cry from reality.

If you are bothered by what this video portrays, then by all means support local farms where you can see with your own two eyes how the animals are treated. I do believe that you would be pleasantly surprised to see the reality of how farm animals are kept!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiebaker

PETA, IMHO, has a bad reputation, and I have seen enough of their "stuff" that I believe their credibility is greatly shaken. The episode comes to mind where they were slipping antifreeze into dog's water bowls because no dog should be kept as a pet.
    Maybe, but PETA can be right on somethings.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Can't see the video, but I'm sure I've seen it before, if its the one where they beat the farm animals & cut them open alive & such... My friends are farmers & don't do that.. all their cows & sheep are kept with respect.. sure you need to tap them on the butt to get them to move at times, but there is no beatting them or hittimg them hard... I'll still eat my meat.. I'm just picky on where it comes from... I have to say fresh meat right on the farm is the best! Its such a big difference in taste, yumm...

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiebaker
    I agree that the video is very heart breaking. But a couple of things come to mind:

Secondly, the old "truth in advertising". I do NOT believe that through this emotionally driven video, you are seeing the whole truth as it really is. I am very good friends with some dairy farmers that live near us. Is it always pleasant? No Way! But they treat their animals as humanely as possible, and there is definitely none of the "abuse" that is portrayed in that video. So to say that ALL animals are mistreated, that is a far cry from reality.

If you are bothered by what this video portrays, then by all means support local farms where you can see with your own two eyes how the animals are treated. I do believe that you would be pleasantly surprised to see the reality of how farm animals are kept!

I totally agree. I can't stand PETA. They may have started off with the right idea but they went WAYYY over the edge

I believe that this is mostly true of factory farms. The kind of meat that you buy in the grocery store I do not believe is treated humanely while alive or killed as humanely as possible.

True that you can find humanely treated meat, but it can be hard to come by unless if you live in a rural area. It can also be really expensive. If you want to still eat meat and not support cruelty then that is the way to go. I personally couldn't eat meat again after seeing animals die for that purpose.

I know not all places treat their animals like that, and that PETA can sometimes not be reliable. I've seen other movies about slaughtering similar to this one that were not by PETA, so the stuff still exists. I have been a Vegetarian for only 5 days, and it's not easy, but there's no way I'm going to support this. Mainly, we used to buy our meat from Grocery stores. We live in a city, and there arent many farms around at all. So, Vegetarian I'll be, and tonight I am trying Meatless Burgers. They're specifically called Vegan, so..yeah.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by sammy101
    You can support free range,humanly killed animals,instead of grocery stores.
    Agreed 100%

Niño & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    I know not all places treat their animals like that, and that PETA can sometimes not be reliable. I've seen other movies about slaughtering similar to this one that were not by PETA, so the stuff still exists. I have been a Vegetarian for only 5 days, and it's not easy, but there's no way I'm going to support this. Mainly, we used to buy our meat from Grocery stores. We live in a city, and there arent many farms around at all. So, Vegetarian I'll be, and tonight I am trying Meatless Burgers. They're specifically called Vegan, so..yeah.
    Oooh! If you want some tips, pm me. I'm pretty much vegi, but only because I prefer the taste of tofu and stuff to gross, grainy meat. I was basically raised on soy dogs, they're absolutley delish!

Niño & Eliza

I get my meat from free range animals raised and slaughtered by my brother in law. I know they never go through any of that in their whole lives, so I'm content with that. I see how they are raised and fed and they have fields and mountains. They are slaughtered quickly, they do not suffer. No, I do not watch this part, I can't, but I know they don't suffer those cruelties. I don't think people need to stop eating meat to prevent cruelty like that, but I do think there needs to be better and more strict laws and regulations for humane treatment of ALL animals used in the production of items for human consumption. I strongly disagree with that cruelty. I pay 2000 dollars for a steer, free range raised from my brother in law, and the meat lasts more than a year for a family of five, more like two years, so its worth it to me. We pay about 400 for a whole pig, treated in the same manner. So not all animals are treated this way, but that sort of treatment needs to be stopped wherever it is going on.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008