Thread: My poor sweet fosters.

My poor sweet fosters.

No one wants them but me.

We (One by One) have about 110 entries on Petfinder.com. And each week the petfinder website send a report with how many "hits" were on each entry, so we know what people are looking at.

Poor SWEET DaVinci was 2nd to last on the list this week with only 2 hits. It makes me so sad to see this since he is such a deserving young man.

Carolyn and Nova and Lizzie are all low on the list too. I guess they are not "special" enough for the public.

I do have a seperate listing for Carolyn and DaVinci together (called = a special pair) since I feel they should be adopted together. At least that got some looks.

Not to worry, I KNOW there is a home just waiting for these babies, but I just hate to see them going unnoticed.

I Hate To Say It Jen, But I Think That The Purrfect Home For Them Is In
    Allentown Pa
    Where One Of The Nicest Couples On Pet Talk Live.
    Three Guesses?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am with you in that it would break my heart too. BUT, lets hope the perfect home is in their future and the timming just isn't right!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Aw, Jen, I know exactly how you feel. My fosters Charles & Camilla were in our system for 11 months. Only one call from Petfinder.com that I know of.

The good news: They finally got adopted to a wonder mother/son household.

Hang in there. There's a home for every cat...and it might even be yours.

By the way, when I had kitten fosters, the one with the cutest picture got a tremendous amount of calls.

Is it possible better pictures could help your fosters?

Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

I agree.......good pictures make a WORLD of difference. I try to update photos and also change their bio's reading as I learn more about them. Right now, I think it is the fact that they are NOT BABIES.

I'm so sorry this is happening.It's notrhing taking care of cats.Even if you work full time,water food and go for 8 hours and come home and give them a couple hours of hello's.That's all they ask.A working poerson can have 4 with no problem whatsover.They just don't know it yet.I just took in 7 more so Jan could have room in her house for more mom's and kittens that are dying outside.It's terrible that people don't understand how bad it is out there.I may not be able to keep all of them if some are nasty and disrupped the whole house but I think we'll give it a good shot.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    Right now, I think it is the fact that they are NOT BABIES.
    I'd have to agree, now that it's kitten season and all. However, I've discovered that all it takes is one. One click by one special person. I will hope and pray that one click comes along soon.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I know what you mean, Jen, about cats not appearing "special" enough. I kept thinking about this while we were all discussing a home for Snowball, the cat with a turned back hind leg. I thought then of the "ordinary" cats who are desperate for homes but may never have one because they don't stand out.

The shelter where I adopted 8 cats recently have also been concered about making their cats look more appealing in photographs. They were thinking of putting bandanas around the necks of their cats because it's something the Humane Society does and they thought it focused people's attention on the cat's face. The right colour bandana can bring out the colour of their fur or eyes.

The shelter thought that several of the cats I adopted in the past month would never find a home of their own, but they did even though it took more than 5 years for some of them. I'm not just talking about the FIV+ cats but two of the social ferals who had become totally socialized. Both are very pretty cats and yet they'd been passed over again and again. It will happen and then you'll all be very happy. In the meantime, they are very happy with you.

Catfamily - you make me feel normal by saying you just took in 7 more.

"Originally posted by Lizzie"
    "Catfamily - you make me feel normal by saying you just took in 7 more."

heehee I know.I can't believe it either...but,I'm feeling better from the last operation,and I feel HAPPY.Maybe my insides are healing finally and accually when the cats all got here I've been on a positive high.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

It's kind of sad , many adopters want a baby, and a perfect one. But it's a matter of time. I am sure the ones that will adopt your "babies" will be real cat lovers, at the difference of some people adopting babies

Jen, I for one just adore sweet DaVinci!
    I guess I will have to go to Petfinder and hit his page a few times unless of course you can post some new photos of him here for me.
    I'm reading "The DaVinci Code" book now and I think the movie is playing in theaters now.
    Maybe you can tie the book and movie in with his description on his petfinder page to help get him noticed more.
    Give him a big hug and a kiss on his cute black nosie from me.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I Was Just In Petcetera, And Jens Right.
    About A Dozen Cats All Under Six, And Over 2 Sitting In Cages Mrrowing For You To Take Them Home.
    It Tears My Heart To Have To Walk On By.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS