Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my dog the only one who SCREAMS??

Is my dog the only one who SCREAMS??

She really does! She screams at the top of her little doggie lungs! She used to ge alot louder but as she gets old she tends to run out of energy..thank goodness!
    Always--Stacey

Screams??? I have never heard of that! Mine know how to BARK, really loud, but scream? Nope! Does she do it when she's happy??

screams...

nope its definatly screaming....its like shes trying to howl except her voice gets etremely high and hard to tolerate....its usually when people come to the door or if she hears a doorbell (even on TV) Confusing huh?
    Always--Stacey

LOL, that sounds odd! I've never known a dog that does that either. You should try to record it one time and post it here.

Welcome to Pet Talk in any case

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Is your dog a beagle? My brother's wife's doggie is a beagle and whenever she is excited she makes a weird squeaky/whining noise!

Roxey never screams, but she does howl and make some pretty funny noises when she' playing with other dogs! I don't think I've ever heard a dog scream, unless they were in pain.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Smokey doesn't scream - but he makes little Chewbacca noises when he's happy to see you.

And when he starts going down the stairs for some reason...

:) thats it!

you got it! its a cheewbacca kind of noise! shes definatly not in pain but its just around strangers..i guess its her way off saying "hey whats up??"
    Always--Stacey

i 4got

Always--Stacey

err umm

well err umm my dog doesn't "scream" but makes funky *bear noises when yawn and plays around and like tries to growl or whatever, its cute hehe anyways yeah

hi!! THE SHELTER I VOLUNTEER AT HAD A DOG LIKE THAT!! THEY GOT HIM DEBARKED WHEN IT GOT TOO BAD. IT DIDN'T FULLY DEBARK HIM AND NOW HE SOUNDS LIKE A GOAT! BAAAAAAA!

its all good

well thatnks for the help guys! i think she gets better as she gets older...its just because she gets nervous....newayz...i got to get better..(tonsillitis is BAD!) I love my doggie so much..she always comforts me when im sick or when i feel like crying..we have this kewl bond thing going on!
    Always--Stacey

Our dog "Peanut" is a Pomeranian, Schipperke mix. He screams so loud at people and other dogs. My wife and I have been unsuccessful in trying to control him. We can not take him anywhere without embarrassing ourselves, and offending other people, and pet owners. Please help us also.

I heard that Tollers have a scream, dunno where though, but I did hear it. I never heard of cocker spaniels screaming. But no, Belle doesn't scream. Sometimes she barks so much that it becomes a high-pitched sound, but that's only because she barked herself out.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

Anvik screams. We call it his death scream. Sounds like he's being killed. He does it when he's alone, when he can't see me, when he's stressed. He is equally loud when he's happy, but it's a different sound, more like a very loud seal!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving