Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayer request...

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?

Prayer request...

I probably should post this in general but at the moment I don't really want to think about stuff like that. This is partly a request for prayers and partly a heads up as to my lack of posting in the near future.

Yesterday (Sunday) afternoon my father was rushed to the hospital with a slight stroke, at present time he can't move the left side of his body and is in the stroke and neru ward of the hospital. I was wondering hoping actually that all of you might be willing to pray for him and my family and the dogs to actually.

I would write more but even that little paragraph has me in tears. But before I end this can anyone tell me how to explain to a dog that someone they love won't be coming home for a couple of weeks? It would sure help, 'cause Smudge won't stop looking at the door or out the window waiting for my dad to come home. He see's the truck, he's sees everyone else in the family and can even smell my dad but he hasn't come home yet and Smudge just can't understand why. All he knows is that strangers came in to the house when it was just him, Winter, and my dad and left with my dad and that the rest of us have come and gone numerous times but there's still no dad. He is however being a real comfort to me as he constantly comes and gives me a little head butt just to let me know he's still there.

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. Prayers are on the way for him and your whole family even the furry members. I don't know how to tell Smudge about your father but it's good you have each other. Please, when you can, keep us posted as to your father's progress.

Crikit -

So sorry about your dad. My dad was in the hospital all last week too. The ability of the human body to heal, especially with the help of with some pretty incredible modern medicine, is amazing.

I can offer you, your dad, your family, and your dogs the comfort of my thoughts. It is good you have your dogs and your dogs have you.

Godspeed

Oh sweet Crikit. I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Of course we will all be praying for him and keeping him in our thoughts. Prayers and modern medicine offer tons and tons of hope for a full recovery. Until then, sweet, sad Smudge needs all the extra loving and comfort you can give him, and in turn I know that Winter and Smudge will be of great comfort to you. Try to keep him occupied. When he looks sad, lots of reassuring hugs, a soft voice telling him Dad will be home soon. Whenever you can, please write a short note telling us how you are all doing, OK? We'll all be praying very hard for your Dad and your whole family. Hang in there sweetie. I'll be looking forward to hearing all about the happy tales of Smudge and Winter again very soon. You have a lot of caring friends here. Love, Sandra, Star, Cody and the Furkids.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

So Sorry to hear about your Dad. We will hold your family in our thoughts and prayers. Extra loves for Smudge. Wishing a speedy recovery to your Dad. Keep us posted when you can and know that we are all here for you should you need us.

Crikit,

I'm so very sorry about your Dad. Of course you and
    your whole family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Re Smudge & Winter actually wittnessing the event,
    I don't have any advice to console them, but think just
    leaving a piece of your Dad's clothing laying around
    where they can smell it might help them. Wishing you
    all the best of luck!!! Liz & Buddy.

Prayer is so strong........ I will keep your dad and your family in my prayers...... JUST KEEP FAITH.

Sorry I have no advice for Smudge but everyone else seemed to have some good ideas.
    **hugs to you and your family, and the furrkids**
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

oh dear cricket...we are so saddened by this .....we will keep you and your family...and of course your furkids in our thoughts and prayers.....keep us postedwhen convenient for you and yours,...
    hug and hold your dear smudge so very close....he needs you as much as you need him right now.....comfort and draw on the srtength of each other.....
    godspeed
    nicole,deli,puss
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Cricket, So sorry about your father. I will pray for him right now and I hope that he recovers from the stroke very soon. I would also suggest giving the dog something of your dads to sleep with to help comfort him.

Your father and you, and of course, Smudge, will be in our prayers. Keep your chin up for your dad. It will help him immensely.

Love,
    Logan and Helen
    Honey, Lilly, and all the rest of our crew.

Your father, you and your family are in my prayers. Miracles do happen.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I know too well what you'er going through having gone through the same thing a couple of times with both my parents over the past year.

Of course your father will be in my prayers. My father had a mild stroke too (he's 81) and he has serious hear problems but his condition has improved a lot after the doctors in the neuro ward found the right balance of drugs. So believe me there is hope for a good recovery.

I also know what Smudge is going through since it was the same with one of my cats. When both my parents were taken into hospital during the night (a couple of days apart) Maya freaked and was extremely unsettled for a while. She just knew that there was something wrong. She is now very protective of them. Try to give me, if you can, a bit of extra attention. Pets need to be reassured too!

Please take care of yourself.

prayers from Belgium !!!

dear Cricket !!

Prayers on the way from here in little Belgium too !!!!
    I believe your dad will get much better after a while ; It may take some time , but be confident : he is coming back home to you , your family and his loving dog !!!!!! give this pal a big hug from all of us here !!!

More prayers for Crikit, her dad, and his fur babies! Please keep us posted when you can. And I really liked the idea of having a piece of your dads clothing laying around where Smudge can smell him.