Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are your pets names?

my piggy's name is cinnamon because she is mainly a cinnamon color. Her middle name is sugar because she has some suguary white color on her.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trisst

Sim-SimSiamese cat) I have no clue why we named her this. My dad says it had to have a S in its name because cats hear that noise better (do they?) and maybe cause my old cat (who died) was Simi.
    Petal: (half-Siamese black cat)Hint-we have black roses in our garden.she came from a set of 4 (sim-sim's kittens). Peek-a-boo,Minnie,Viper and Petal.We gave them all away xept petal.
    LeopardSalamander) Cause hes got funny shaped spots all over him.
    Opal,Owdie and Ollie-Twitch,nibbles and Wizzer: (Hamsters) My brother was teaching me car names at the time and i just liked the sound of them.Ollie cause its been one of my favourite words since i was 5.The other 3 are my brothers. Twitch and nibbles cause they're hamsters (what do hamsters do ? ) and wizzer cause it peed on his hand first time he picked it up!!!
    Lorry and Mercedes: (Budgies) When we got Lorry my brother declared it was his and he named him Lorry.Dont ask why its a crazy name! Then when we got Mercedes i thought it would be fun to name him after a veicle too. We had a Ferry and a Jet but they died.
    Ruffles: (canary) My favourite chips(which are yellow like him)
    Sharkfish)He looks like one!!!
    Squirtle and Blastoise: (turtles) What can i say. My brother named them that!!!one is big the other small.

Bei-jing: Calico Cat I named her after a Panda at a conservation site in china that was named after there city Beijing. Just thought it was unique and exotic like her coloring.

Reilly: Cocker Spaniel/Beagle mixed. The day we got him we were driving home just throwing names out and I threw that one out and my husband loved it so nothing exciting really...lol

ok, I again need to update lol

all Gerbils:

Lexus-she was motering around since birth lol

Sport Coupe AKA SC-we needed to theme the litter, and she is almost as active as Lexus.

Luxery Sedan AKA LS-she is gorgous, and larger and not as active as the other 2.

Ebeneezer AKA Ebby-the litter theme was "christmas" and someone suggested "Scrooge" as their are 2, I went with that theme.

Scrooge AKA Roo-same as above lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Clover - Named came from a VC Andrews book.

Elvis - My Mum names him.

Tinny (Tin Tin) - She came named.

Harri (Harry) - My Mum again.

Yumi (the Cat) - Named after a TV host.

Rudy (Ruddolfe) (Siamese Fighter/ Betta) - He is purple, but looks quite red under light so Ruddolfe the red nose reindeer .

Nemo (baby little fish) - Just because he is the baby of the tank.

No name fish - I just call the other fish 'little dudes' LOL.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Rosa got her name because when she was first learning to walk (she only has 3 legs) she fell into a rose bush and i thought rosie would be a good name but it was quite a common name so i decided rosa

dylan got his name before we got him my sister was adamant she was going to name him so she chose dylan

My two are Shadow and Shannon.

Shadow got his name from shadowing me since he is my service dog.

Shannon got hers when she was registered so I kept her name.

Frisk: Believe it or not, this chunk of a dog was once very active when he was young. He was "Frisky" =D
    Donovan: Named after the singer, of course! Also partially named after Don Lafontaine. Ah, two great people.
    Indie: Hehe, no, her name isn't a shortened form of Indian(she is an Indian Ringneck). Instead, its derived from music she likes. On the ride home from her breeder(4-5 hour ride) we played a cd of a local indie artist at some point. Thats the first time she really began to chirp along with the music. She has good taste.
    Lilly: Already named when we adopted her. I'm assuming lilies are white, or atleast can be white, and thats possibly how she got her name.
    Gir: Originally named Ariel. Yeeeeh, it didn't go over too well with the family and she didn't even answer to it. On the car ride home(a 2-3 hour drive) my sister said that she would always chirp along with the doom song from Invader Zim. Needless to say, she was named after Gir from that show. :]

Khaith, Venny, Ophelia, Garber, Pocky, Mason, Akio, Greggory, Larry, Jill, etc.: were either named before we recieved them or they don't have a meaning behing them.

Dogs:
    Autumn-she was born in Autumn and I picked the name before I even met her
    Wallace-came with the name and it stuck "Wawwy"

Cat:
    Tuesday-we found her on a Tuesday, my sister calls her Kayleigh as a version of Callie (calico), but since I've been paying for her vet bills and taking care of her, she's become my cat, hence Tuesday

Fish:
    Depot-Home depot racing
    Jumper-haven't found a better name for the suicidal fish
    Bob-pond snail, common snail-common name

Mice:
    Corinna Corinna-named after singer Corinna Fugate, not the movie
    Natalie-named after Natsuki from "Mai HIme"
    Merlot-she's a champagne mouse
    Piper-long form of Pip, the babies are my little pips
    Ozzy-she's so crazy cute

Rats:
    Mana-named after member of "Malice Mizer"
    Burakku-Song of the Blackbird, shorter
    Brue-Confessions of Carbon Monoxide, lets see you figure this out
    Hirschel-good Jewish name
    Meshugganah-not so good Jewish name
    Löwensenf-Bavarian
    Bautz'ner-German

Other:
    Millie-giant millipede, not creative
    Last edited by IRescue452; 12-24-2007 at 11:09 PM.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Mr. Snake = He actually had a real name for a while, my son named him after some Pokemon or Dragonball Z character. I could never remember it, and as my son got older, he forgot, too. So, now he's just Mr. Snake, because, well, he's a snake.

Keito = My sister and I were eating taquitos, trying to think of a name for him. She said, sarcastically, "Oh just call him taquito." I said, "Well, maybe Quito, but change the spelling, since he's an Asian breed, not a Mexican one. There you go.

Vanilla = She was a foster that wasn't supposed to stay. Her name was Priscilla, but I know a very odd woman named Priscilla, and I just couldn't call her that. I told my son to think of something that sounded like Priscilla, so it would be easy for her. He said, "Hmmm ... Chinchilla?" No. "Hmmm ... Vanilla?" Perfect, for a white dog. Then she stayed.

Pepper = already named when I got her. Never liked it, but that had been her name for six years.

Georgie = already named when I got him. Don't really like it, but somehow it fits him.

Lucky = already named when I got her. Her registered named is Lucky Lady Down the River or something like that. It fits her.

Sequoia = My son named her. Guess he just liked the name.

Aspen = My stepson also had to have a "tree" name when my son named Sequoia. Monkey see, monkey do.

Karma = the latest addition. See here for Karma's story.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

OMG with all my seperate posts, I forgot Rook!

Snake:
    Rook- she is a Checkered garter, so I wanted something that would work with the checkerboard pattern, and I couldn't use Checkers cuz it was already taken. then I thought of Chess but I didnt like the name "chess" so I started looking into the names of the peices, the one that stuck was "Rook"
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

My dogs names are Buffy, she is a Chihuahua, I named her Buffy after "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", hoping that she would be as tough as Buffy is.

I now own Little Bit, my mother's dog, my mother had to go into a nursing home, and I promised her I would take care of her dog, Little Bit. So anyway Little Bit now belongs to me. She is also a chihuahua.

Grover is a tortie cat, I named her Grover because that's what my grandchildren wanted to name her. She is the one that was found in a trashcan when she was just 2 wks old. She is very dear to me.

Oscar is a siamese cat, I got him from a woman that had two other just like him, but he just seemed like the one for me, even if he was so very wild! I don't why I named him Oscar.

Charlie is my Cockatiel, I named him after a wild bird I raised.

Mario is my Capuchin Monkey. He was already named when we got him. We really love him a lot. He has done so many things to make us laugh.

That is all.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Let see...

Duke was named by a guy I dated years ago. The agreement was if I got to pick the breed of dog he got to name it. He had happy memories of a dog named Duke from when he was a boy.

Champ, well that is my hubby's doing. She definitely should have been given the name FuFu or something like that because she does not like to get her feet wet. I think the only thing she is champ of is DROOLING.

Chopper needed a cool biker name because he rides our Harley with us. I posted on here for name suggestions and Taz_Zoe thought of the name Chopper for me and it fit.

We have koi,
    one named Piglet because from the moment we got her she ate everything. That then got the Pooh theme going so the other Roo, Kanga, Eeyore, Pooh and Christopher Robin.
    Two shubunkins, one use to have a bit dot on her forehead so she was named Dottie and her friend ended up Lottie.

My beta is named Visine because his fins are white and have red streaks so my son thought he looked like a blood shot eye.

My son's beta is named Animal from the muppets because his color kind of reminded me of Animal's hair.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Well ... My cat's "proper" name is Cashmere. She's all grey, with grey whiskers, except for a white spot about the size of a quarter on her right hip. When I told my parents I had found a cat I wanted to adopt, my mom was wearing her new coat - the fabric is part cashmere, so that's where that came from. I was trying to come up with a musical name for her but couldn't think of anything I especially liked. So she became Cassie, which led to Cassie Cat, Cassie Kitty, Cassie Lassie, Cassie Molassie, Boo-Boo Kitty (after Shirley's cat on "Laverne and Shirley"), and my sister calls her Cookie Puss. My other name choice for her was Pepper ... sometimes I think that would have been better.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Kai: Shortly after I found out we were getting a Sheltie puppy, I went on a camping trip with my highschool. I was trying to come up with names. A few of names on my list were Chip (chocolate chip since he was a brown/sable color), Zeke, Blaze (the white blaze on his face). While I was at camp, I had a camp leader named Kai-tech. I thought it was a fantastic name so I picked Kai!

Kaedyn: We adopted Kaedyn from the shelter. His name was originally Milo. He didn't respond to it, and we hated to name. I also had a feeling he had an abusive past based on what I saw, so I didn't want him associating his name with bad things. I remember I was at a family dinner trying to think of names with my brother. I remember saying "Cajun? No. Cayden?" We already had a "K" name for our other Sheltie, so I wanted to stick with a K theme. I've always liked unique names too, so Cayden=Kaedyn.

Keeva: I wasn't sure if I wanted to stick with the K theme for the third dog. It was a toss up between Nevaeh, Havoc and Keeva. Nevaeh because it's "Heaven" backwards, and I'd be able to register her as "Stairway to Heaven" (I'm a huge Zeppelin fan). She didn't look like a Nevaeh though. I was thinking about naming her Havoc because well, Malinois create total havoc. They're chaotic dogs so Havoc seemed fitting. However, I already know a Malinois named Havoc.. it also seemed more like a male name.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]