Thread: Pregnant at 12 years old

Pregnant at 12 years old

I was horrified at hearing and reading about this girl.

A 15-year-old boy is being prosecuted in connection with the case of a girl who fell pregnant at the age of 11.

The girl from West Lothian - who would become one of the UK's youngest mothers - told a newspaper that she was looking forward to having her child.

The teenage boy is due to appear in court in July charged with rape because of the age of the girl, who is now 12.

The case has prompted calls for a better teenage sexual health strategy in Scotland.

Green MSP Patrick Harvie said it showed that deficiencies in Scottish sex education must be addressed.

The Scottish Sun said the girl, who has not been named, had unprotected sex with the boy on a night out with friends in Edinburgh in August.

She said she was looking forward to motherhood and hopes she has a boy when she gives birth.

The girl added that she thought she would be able to cope as she'd had "lots of practice" looking after young children.

"I'm enjoying being pregnant - even though I get a bit of a sore back and sore ribs."

Her 34-year-old mother told the newspaper: "I'm not ashamed of my daughter at all - in fact, I'm proud of her for keeping her baby."

The newspaper said the girl smokes up to 20 cigarettes a day.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/4764417.stm

Her mother should be slapped upside the head. The whole situation is appalling. If the girl is smoking up to 20 cigarettes a day, the baby may not even survive - the mother's young age and the cigarette smoking combined do not bode well. What are they thinking?

The 34-year-old is obviously no great shakes, being proud of her then-11-year-old keeping the baby - who will support them all? The government? The "mom-to-be" is still a child in every respect - won't even legally be an adult for years. What kind of future do any of them have?

Yes, I had a classmate leave school pregnant at age 12, and this was many years ago. It was NOT celebrated in the national press, her mother was NOT proud, the father of the child was not served with legal action, and the baby was carried to term then adopted quietly by an unrelated couple.

Twelve years old?? A baby will be raising a baby! How very sad for all concerned.

OH. MY. GOSH. I can't even imagine.......what in the world is wrong with her mom - she's PROUD of her daughter?

I wonder if mum is also proud of her daughter smoking at age 12. Isn't that illegal too?

Poor child...both of them....

Health stratagies? how about Morals and common sense.!
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

I agree with everything Karen said. They BOTH need to be bitch slapped upside the head. And that 15 year old boy??? Can you say statutory rape???

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

that is so sick.. seriously she's in what like 6th grade???? its sad that she smokes too...
    *~*chelsea*~*

**Thanks, ashleycat, i love the siggys!!!**

~chelsea* && Timber, George, Fred, & Hammie.
    (Skipper too! )
    [CENTER][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Georgia][B]

Wow isnt that nice

Sick, but not that abnormal.

I read in The Sun last year about a British girl who gave birth to twins at age 13.

I read a report the other day of a sexual attack on a grade school child
    by other grade school boys. Really makes you wonder what caliber of parenting is going on in this generation. Very sad indeed.

12 Boys Accused In Sexual Assault Of 2nd-Grader
    One Teacher Fired, Another Suspended

POSTED: 8:31 am EDT May 10, 2006

ST. LOUIS -- Twelve boys in the first and second grade at a St. Louis elementary school are accused of sexually assaulting a second-grade girl during recess, authorities said Tuesday.

One teacher who was supposed to be supervising the recess has been fired, and another suspended with pay, school Superintendent Creg Williams said. Ten of the boys, ages 6 to 8, were suspended for the rest of the school year, and the other two received five-day, in-school suspensions.

No names were released.

The girl, who is 8, was unharmed physically but will not return for the rest of the school year. "We don't know what type of emotional scars it will have on the young lady," Williams said.

The incident happened Friday at Columbia Accelerated Community Educational Center, a school with 400 students in pre-kindergarten through sixth grade on the city's north side.

During the recess shortly after lunch, a student saw several boys huddled around the girl who was on the ground, and alerted a teacher.

Police turned the investigation over to juvenile authorities. A court official said the boys could face misdemeanor counts of sexual misconduct and assault.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Her mother should be slapped upside the head. The whole situation is appalling. If the girl is smoking up to 20 cigarettes a day, the baby may not even survive - the mother's young age and the cigarette smoking combined do not bode well. What are they thinking?

The 34-year-old is obviously no great shakes, being proud of her then-11-year-old keeping the baby - who will support them all? The government? The "mom-to-be" is still a child in every respect - won't even legally be an adult for years. What kind of future do any of them have?

Yes, I had a classmate leave school pregnant at age 12, and this was many years ago. It was NOT celebrated in the national press, her mother was NOT proud, the father of the child was not served with legal action, and the baby was carried to term then adopted quietly by an unrelated couple.
    Very well said. That's disgusting.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008