Thread: Attack cat! Ahhhhhhhh

Attack cat! Ahhhhhhhh

My sister adopted a cat form a shelter. Under one year old. Goustoph (spelling?), the cat , will sometimes out of the blue attacked and other times he will give some type of warning. He attacked my leg the other day when I was standing still. No other pets can go inside her house because the cat will attacked them. He'll attack my sister in the middle of the night when she sleeps. No Joke!:0
    I personally could not, would not, keep this cat. Any advice I can give my sister.

If Gustaf attacks your sister at night then maybe giving him a room of his own first of all. I would also take Gustaf to the vet to check the behavioural problem is not linked to any medical issue.

I had a similar kitty attack issue for a little while here when we rescued a stray. I mixed one part white vinegar (about a tablespoon) to at least a litre of water and put it in a spray bottle. Cats hate the taste of vinegar no matter how dilute it is. Whenever Gustaff attacks he gets sprayed with the water. IF he attacks again then I would pick him up and place him in a very boring room (thats safe mind you) for "time out". My kitty has learnt very quickly not to attack Bastet because the pantry is a very boring place to stay for a few minutes.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."