Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucas (May 8, 2006)

Lucas (May 8, 2006)

Lucas is heading to the vet today. The liquid diarrhea is back and he is starting to become bored with his special food. His fur still looks healthy and shiny and he seem OK for the most part, but I know constant diarrhea cannot be fun. (I sure know the clean up part is NOT fun!)

I am also going to have them run a urinalysis. I fear crystals or infection. I fear that his special food for this intestinal problem has caused his crystals to come back (originally he was on urinary food after a blockage)

I KNOW the vet is going to tell me the same thing.......his IBS will cause him good days and bad days, but maybe, just maybe there IS something else to do for him.

Poor Lucas, he'll be in our prayers.

I have that IBS and it is NOT fun! Poor kitty! I can not believe they have this too!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Lucas' bladder was not full enough to get urine, so he is spending a few hours at the vet office. The feeling is that if he is having bladder issues this might cause the diarrhea to flare up.

We may also be trying yet another different food.

I'll let you know later when I know something. Thanks for thinking about my boy.

Praayers and positives thoughts on the way Jen, for your precious Lucas.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I tried aloe gel on a cat....they don't like the taste, but it's something you smear on their paws or muzzle.

It really helped one cat I worked with at the kennel.

Make sure the container does not say "For External use Only"

If you know a Herbalife person, there are small sample packs that will last Lucas a few days. Just a glob on the end of the finger.

Heals the skin of the intestine like aloe heals external skin.

Good luck with your baby!

hugs
    Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Awww, poor Lucas. I hope his visit to the white coats will help! My thoughts and prayers are with Lucas... hope he is better SOON!

Still another hour to wait. The vet feels something hard. he first thought was it was a hard poop. Or possibly a large stone. But no urine sample yet. I asked about an X-ray, but we will wait for the sample.

God, how I hate waiting.

I Know What You Mean Jen.
    Its Hard Not To Imagine That The Worst Is Going To Happen That They Are Going To Come Out And Say That Your Cat,your Friend Cannot Be Helped.
    After That Happened With Pouncer I Am A Nervous Wreck If I Have To Wait.
    We Are All Praying For Lucas, Jen.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hang in there, Jen. {{{hugs}}}

Here's hoping they find a solution once and all for his diarrhea.

I could never understand it.....when I took CJ to the vet, the vet could always feel that his intestines were hard too, indicating hard poop as compared to the diarrhea, but when we got home all I found in the box was diarrhea. CJ has been doing well lately, though, on the Science Diet D/D green pea and duck formula. I give him a Pred. about once a week or so and he's doing well with that.

Good luck with Lucas!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Lucas is one of my favourite PT kitties and I'm sorry he's still not well. Sending lots of positive thoughts that you'll get some good news after this vet visit {{{hugs}}}.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

No luck getting urine. So Lucas is home. And yes, after all day caged he had a liquid diarrhea in the carrier on the way home

The only thing found was on an Xray. A "mass". The vet can feel it. Describes it as hard and about the size of a "super ball". It might simply be a hard poop, but it appears to be outside of the "lines" of the colon. I am to watch him to see if anything passes and bring him back Friday so she can feel if it has moved.

And he lost 2 pounds since January. This could simply be due to the change away from the c/d (which is high in calories).

She says from the Xray she can tell that the colon seems inflammed.

So the waiting continues..................

Sorry Lucas is not doing better. Adding my own prayers and positive thoughts that he recovers and has an OK exam on Friday.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Oh gosh, Jen. No real answers but instead more to worry about. I know that's NOT what you were hoping for when you took him in this morning.

I don't know if it helps or not, but according to my vet, having a continually inflamed colon can lead to other issues, such as cancer and such, so the very minor side effects of a Prednisolone once or twice a week is much better for a cat than an inflamed color. I know a lot of people here are almost afraid of Pred., but if it's administered correctly, and not everyday, it could be a godsend to our sweet Lucas.

{{{hugs}}} to you and gentle smoochies to Lucas. He has to be happy to be back home after spending all day at the vet.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Some day! I am so sorry Jen, I have no idea, but many prayers are coming your way.