Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water--maybe! :)

And I turn on the tap and take it all for granted (except the bill!).

I sure hope you hit clear, delicious water!

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    Hopefully, we actually end up with a well and not just an extremely expensive useless hole in the ground!
    i know someones who would´ve loved to help on that so it got really cheap...
    .........RAVEN !!!! LOL..........(the pic of her butt in a hole popped my head )

now seriously, i DO hope you hit clear water soon..........
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    Oh, that's a bummer! I don't think we have to worry about coal. Sulphur might be a problem. There's alot of that around here! Do you have water delivery or haul your own?
    We haul our own water from Anchorage. The well is at our cabin -- we had plans on of building a retirement home there at one time. Due to the water situation and Bobcat's health, we decided not to.

Any progress on the well? What depth are they at now?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98

Any progress on the well? What depth are they at now?

Not much progress. He got to about 50 feet last night and then something broke on the drilling rig. He's been here all day fixing it and expects to start drilling again later this afternoon!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

5. Quote Originally Posted by gini
    And I turn on the tap and take it all for granted (except the bill!).

I sure hope you hit clear, delicious water!

My thoughts exactly!

60 feet and nothing but gravel! We were expecting to hit bedrock at about 50 feet. Bedrock is substantiallly cheaper to drill through than the rest of the ground. Driller is coming back in the morning to go deeper. Probably get to 100 feet tomorrow, at least.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

140 feet and nothing! Hasn't even hit bedrock yet. The driller says he's never gone this deep without hitting rock. He's coming back tomorrow to go deeper! I'm feeling a little ill....
    --John Irving

Wow! Seems like you will never hit it. I'm so jelouse of the life you live. I can't imagine sitting in the back of a sled with dog's pulling you! Living out in the middle of Alaska with twenty something sled dogs. Drilling in your yard for water!! LUCKY! (ok, maybe not the water part but it sure beats city life!)

Did you ever think about have a border? I could help feed, build fences and help haul water, lol

Good luck!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen and Misty
    Wow! Seems like you will never hit it. I'm so jelouse of the life you live. I can't imagine sitting in the back of a sled with dog's pulling you! Living out in the middle of Alaska with twenty something sled dogs. Drilling in your yard for water!! LUCKY! (ok, maybe not the water part but it sure beats city life!)

Did you ever think about have a border? I could help feed, build fences and help haul water, lol

Good luck!

Ashley
    If I had a spare room or a cabin, I'd have a handler(which is someone who does all of those things you listed and then some in return for free rent). It would be nice sometimes!

I think we'll have to call the driller off at about 200 feet--unless he'll take installments on his bill!

Not much sitting or standing on a dogsled, unless you are the passenger in the basket. The driver actually has to do a lot of work!
    --John Irving

I hope you hit water soon!! I'm not sure how deep our well is right now, but we are moving to Arizona in about a year, and I know drilling a well is one of the things my parents are worried about, not knowing how deep it is going to have to be, I know it is pretty spendy though! Good luck!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Any water yet? How are the doggies taking the drilling noise?

Also, after you get water, we need to talk about snorkle stoves. Nothing like soaking in a hot tub watching the stars and Northern Lights.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98
    Any water yet? How are the doggies taking the drilling noise?

Also, after you get water, we need to talk about snorkle stoves. Nothing like soaking in a hot tub watching the stars and Northern Lights.

Nope. We are going to 260 today and then giving up! Well, then the bank account is giving up!

The dogs don't seem to care anymore. They didn't even bark when the driller came in the yard yesterday. I think they are used to all the ruckus now!

We'd love a hot tub! A friend has a snorkle stove one. It's great!
    --John Irving

[QUOTE=Glacier]If I had a spare room or a cabin, I'd have a handler(which is someone who does all of those things you listed and then some in return for free rent). It would be nice sometimes! [QUOTE]

Hmm, looks like we could build a cabin on all that land you got I've got great references

Good luck with the water, I hope you hit some, eventually!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka