Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Orange Tabbies

Orange Tabbies

I love orange tabby cats! They are so pretty! Does anyone have any or have any pictures of them? And does anyone know why most orange tabby are males?
    Thanks,
    Andrea

I actually have an orange tabby female, Callie, and she has to be one of the loudest, most demanding kitties I've ever come across. She has to have what she WANTS this minute or she'll follow you around the house until you give her what she wants. She always has tp have a taste or sniff of whatever I'm eating, and I think she keeps me around to open doors, turn on water faucets, or play with her whenever she wants. I figure I'm at her beck-and-call but how can you not love those furbabies?? I couldn't imagine my life without them.

Andrea; I have one orange tabby kitten who is about a month old, and havn't named him yet. Your post is interesting in that, now when I look back on the orange tabbys that I have given away in the past, they were all males! However, this little guy I plan to keep. He should be the last of the litters, because all of my furkids are being neutered and spayed this year. Also, that orange tabbys are of the most in demand here, locally. We have a lumber yard in town that seveal years ago had a queen with a few kittens to be given away to their customers. All of the orange tabbys went first!

Would anyone out there offer some names for my tabby kitten? His colors are more dark than light with somewhat long fur, and he has one of the loudest crys of any kitten I can remember. A close likeness of him is in the COTD listing for Oct. 19, 1998, named "Murf". .

..........wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 05-17-2002 at 08:35 AM.

Aww, your kitties sound so cute. Wayne, I found a whole list of cat name for u, here is the link: http://www.petrix.com/catnames/a.html
    Hope u find a name that you like!

Sia1- You have one special cat there! Female orange tabbies are rare! Even though your cat is so demading, im sure she gives you back lots of love.

Here's some pictures of our orange tabby, he is very dear to us!

Fister pictures

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Aww, Fister looks so adorable! I love his stunning green eyes! Who couldnt love him??

I have a female orange tabby her name is angel and i got her from the s.p.c.a.

Randi. I just saw all the Fister Pics in your album. He is a very pretty orange boy, and seems to be quite the character

Isn't this the cat that you said would NOT get to sleep on the bed?

Former User Guest
    Randi, great pics! I do too love orange cats and hope to get one in few years time (we'll also take Maine Coon). For the time being, Casper and Kitty are our only babies

orange !

I used to have an orange cat when I was young !!! And she was definitely a female !!!!
    Her name was TWIST , because she was always chasing her tail !!!! She was a very demanding cat too and very active (loved curtains , hahaha) --> my mom did not like this ... )
    Twist was run over by a car on his second birthday ...

Here is our 2 year old orange tabby, Tigger.

Here's my big boy, Trevor. He is 9 years old and weighs 20 lbs.

Tigger looks like our orange boy Valentine (at the rainbow bridge). Valentine's face was a bit more rounded, but his coloration was exactly like Tigger's. And he was a lover kitty, too, especially with men. Would get in any man's lap who sat down in our house.
    Is Tigger vocal? Valentine had more meows, calls and purrs than any cat I've ever had.
    Trevor is a handsome boy! Seeing the picture made me want to come and scoop him up and hug on him!

Awww...Fister is as adorable as ever. I can't believe either that he was only allowed in the house under the condition that he would not be allowed in the bed.

And Tigger looks like a sweatie too. I guess if I ever got an orange cat I'd have to name him Tigger too, because Tigger is my favorite. t - i - double guh - er.....tigger!

And Trevor is so cute with that face! He certainly doesn't look like he ways 20 lbs!

Although I have to admit the cutest little orange kitty I've seen recently is one that C&K found when looking for Maine Coones. I guess her name is Pride.

How could anyone refuse that mug?!?!??!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Aw! What cuties they are. I had no idea you had them since early kitten-hood. Somehow I had the idea you adopted them from a shelter as adults...

Is Spencer a Manx? In one of the kitten shots it looks like he has a long fluffy tail?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/