Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: warning, golden lovers!

warning, golden lovers!

Look at these beautiful Goldens that are at Planned Pethood (a no-kill shelter) Owner gave them away because they "no longer had any use for them" I can't even imagine giving these beauties up!

Excuse me no use for them? What did these people think they were for? What absoulte beauties!!!!!! Bet they aren't there long. We have 3 in our neighbor hood.

Oh dear........having just spent a morning volunteering for Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue, I have to tell you that I sincerely don't understand what happens to people! They are beautiful!!!

We had a table set up for National Adoption Day at Petsmart, and several people asked us why there was a need for Golden Retriever Rescue. We wish there weren't. But they saw some of the dogs in rescue, plus a couple who had been adopted by rescuers. Now there are a few more people who have been educated about the terrible plight of so many unwanted dogs.

Thank you for sharing these Golden beauties......makes my heart hurt to know that they were "no longer needed" but I also know that they will find the loving homes they deserve so much.

Logan

Re: warning, golden lovers!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
    Owner gave them away because they "no longer had any use for them"
    I heard many absolutely moronic reasons for turning a dog to a shelter but this is a new one.

What were they going to do to "use" the dogs? It makes me so mad I could scream. People like that should be banned from ever having a pet again.
    I hope those two beautiful pups find a forever home soon and together.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

What Beautiful dogs, but they look so sad & confused.

I'm glad they are in a no-kill shelter, where they will have
    a chance to find loving, caring people to adopt them.
    As for the 'moronic reason' given for giving them up;
    maybe it was someone who was thinking of a 'backyard'
    breeding set up?

Planned pethood had an adoption event today at a local mall and my mom stopped in, specifically to see the goldens. Only one was there and it was pretty shy. Foster mom said the poor thing had been in a crate all of her 2 years!!! No wonder she was shy!!!
    I just checked their website and it has been updated since the event and all the golden pictures have been taken down...I think they all found homes today!!! A few other cuties pcitures have been taken down also...it looks like they had a very successful adoption day!!

My mom found another dog she likes. A whippet/shepard mix. She said she may bring Dazzi up tomorrow to see how they get along. She is just not sure if she can handle three dogs, esp. with Oreo not being the most dog friendly dog out there...Here is Katie:

Cincy'sMom,

Katie is ADORABLE !!! A 'keeper' for sure.

From one Katie to another....You're the greatest, with the most zest, but it's your name I like the best!!! Ok very corny but SHE is an adorable pup....wish I were that cute.

Former User Guest
    Aw, they are all adorable. I love goldens, and that's our future dog (when we have our own house and enough room).
    I can't understand what kind of an excuse it is that they don't have a use anymore? I just don't get it! I hope they will be adopted soon, keeping fingers crossed!

oh they are beautiful...being a volunteer at a shelter...i hate to tell you the stories that i have heard...but hopefully they have been adopted!!!!!!!!
    the one has a face very similar to Corinna!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

What beautiful pups...How cruel the world can be. And then there are people and groups like Planned Pethood! Bless you furry ones. You are all precious!! Love that great big smile Katie girl!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Owner gave them away because they "no longer had any use for them"
    Better not comment on this one... Some people are just of no use on this earth.

This makes my blood boil!

I can't see the pictures and I'm glad I can't. It would break my heart. I am with Alicia, what were they planning on using the dogs for that suddenly they have NO USE for them any longer?

Those of you who volunteer time at shelters, I have a deep respect for you. I could not handle it! I would want to tell all these a--holes off. Sorry, I do not usually swear but I could not think of a better word for these kind of people!

The pics went away because they are no longer on the website...there were adoption events at two different sites both saturday and Sunday, so I am hoping for the best

Cincy'sMom,

Do you think you could find out somehow if these two
    dogs are in re-hab or foster care right now? I know if
    they are in a good no-kill shelter, they will get the help
    they need & have the best chance for later adoption
    into GOOD forever homes.

Candy, I'm kind of glad you didn't see the pics, their
    eyes still haunt me, There was no "light" or "hope" in
    them.