Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: testing photos........

testing photos........

I am just trying to see if this new photo album place works........

YAY IT WORKED !!!! IT WORKED!!!!!
    Thanks Debbie for telling me about this imagestation place!!!
    Now I can post more and more pics of my babies!!!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Former User Guest

Re: testing photos........

Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
    [B]
    Now I can post more and more pics of my babies!!!!!!

YES PLEASE!!!

oh Sarah , could you PLEASE tell me how to do that ???
    WARNING : I am a bit slow ........

O.k. Well I don't have a digital camera soooooo this is how I did it.
    Whenever I have my pictures developed I have them put on a cd. You can even take some old negatives and have them put on a cd.
    Go to imagestation.com and set up an album. It is pretty easy you just make up a member name and password then they email you with a link to click to activate your account.
    Now when you are in imagestation you may have to sign in with your name and password. Then there is a button that says....click here to add images to your album (or something like that)
    Then on the bottom left of the page (Method 1) hit the my computer + key and more options will file down.
    Then click on the cd icon.... mine says PIE2K [D:]
    Then all the thumbnails for your pictures will download.
    You can change the captions for the pictures and put a check in the small box to select the ones that you want to upload onto your album.
    When you are done hit the continue button....AND WAIT AND WAIT.
    When it is done it brings you back to your album and you have small thumbnails on the right hand side of the pics that downloaded.
    Click on the one you want to enlarge it and right click on it and click on properties.
    Click on the ADDRESS/URL and drag your mouse to highlight it.
    Then right click that and copy it.
    Then go to pet talk and in your reply there will be an IMG button.
    Click that and right click in the box and paste the ADDRESS/URL in there, and hit o.k.
    And thats it
    Hope I made since...... Can't wait to see pics!!!!
    (Now I don't have a digital camera so if you do the instructions will be different)
    GOOD LUCK
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

More pictures!!!!

awwwe how cute..... I cant wait to see more!!

~~~Rachel in Alaska
    Mom to "Max, Milo and Pepper Ann" 11.5 month old Teenagers

http://www.pbase.com/alasknmom/kittens/
    updated 10/30/02

I got a new thread called my fav pic of Tinky..............AND IT IS MY FAAAAVORITE PICTURE OF MY TINKY!!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

Argh! 5th try. I'm a tecnopoop. Tinky sure is a cute Georgia Peach. Wouldd love to see Jupiter in his full glory. You may or may not see Maya and Bodhi. Thank goodness for the delete button.

That's a great picture Sara. I can't wait to see more.

Originally posted by lailamara
    Argh! 5th try. I'm a tecnopoop. Tinky sure is a cute Georgia Peach. Wouldd love to see Jupiter in his full glory. You may or may not see Maya and Bodhi. Thank goodness for the delete button.
    lailamara, is this the picture you were trying to post? I noticed this when Randi tried posting some pictures of Fister too, but sometimes when you're pasting the address that you copied when you right clicked and then clicked on properties, sometimes additional "stuff" gets put after the .jpg that should end the address. If you picture doesn't work, go back in to edit your post and make sure you only have one .jpg ending your address name. If there are more, delete them. An easy way to see what I'm talking about is to right click on the little red x that comes up in lailamara's first post and check the address under properties, then right click on the picture above, and check out the address under properties. You'll notice that I deleted the .orig.jpg at the end of the address. Hope this helps!

Oh and BTW, lailamara, your babies are darlings!

Oh, and Sara, can't wait for more pictures of Tinky! I'm on my way over to your new thread.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

11. Does anyone know if I can move photos (or more precisely how to) from say Webshots or Photogra to this site?

How to...

Sara ~
    Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Does anyone know if I can move photos (or more precisely how to) from say Webshots or Photogra to this site?
    IF the photos are stored on your hard drive - just upload them to http://www.netsnapshot.com (you'll have to open a free account with them, first).

If you no longer have the photos on you hard drive or on a disk; you can download (store) them from Webshots or Photogra back onto your hard drive. Click on each picture and select the "Save As:" option on the drop-down - then fill in an or select an address to store it On YOUR computer. After you have the photos stored back on your computer; then you can upload them to NetSnapShot.com.

As we speak, NetSnapShot.com will allow 'their' photos to be linked to and displayed on Pet Talk.
    * Have the photo displayed on NetSnapShot and right-click ON the photo and select "Copy Image Location" after you right-click.
    * Come back to your Pet Talk post and Left-click on the "IMG" clicker.
    * When the data box appears, put you mouse pointer IN the data window and right-click to copy the photo address.
    * Click "OK" and the box will close and your photo location will appear in you post with the (IMG) and (/IMG) tags in place.

Last edited by Cinder & Smoke; 05-07-2002 at 04:19 PM.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

13. you can download (store) them from Webshots or Photogra back onto your hard drive.
    Unfortunately Phred this is no longer true! I was in the process of doing this when Photogra told me I couldn't any longer do so. I had to beg them for special access to some photos I had (stupidly) stored no where else.

I'll see if Webshots will still let me store on my harddrive and then load.

Hmmmmm... Sez Phreddie....

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

... when Photogra told me I couldn't any longer do so. I had to beg them for special access to some photos I had (stupidly) stored no where else...
    Hmmm, sez Phred. ???

*I* just tried to download one of my Photogra.com photos - and they let me do it!
    No error messages or any problem - when I right-clicked on the photo I got the drop-down box and just selected "Save As:" and copied to my hard drive.
    Tried both a thummy size and the full image - both worked OK.

Are you sure you were Signed In to the site - not just visiting?? If you're signed in and can upload TO the site; you should be able to copy FROM it... ?

Don't understand why they'll let me do it and not you!
    Did'ja stick your tongue out at em and make em mad?

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Thanks Tubby and Peanut's Mom for finding my picture. You're a genius. I'll try posting some more pics ( following your instructions) when I've time. Saw Jupiter in another thread. What a nice couple Tinky and him make. Those ginger guys get you every time. Have your guys let being cats of the day go to their heads. Are they plying you for those extra treats?