28 66.67%
  • never been

4 9.52%
  • dislike both

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: petco or petsmart?

petco or petsmart?

I like Petco because they have bigger bowls for the betta fish and don't sale any birds bigger then a conure.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Out of the two I go to Petsmart...Petco is too far away I actually prefer shopping at smaller stores or farm stores, Petsmart is a bit pricy for me

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Petco has better stuff, Petsmart has better service. Unfortunatley I live about 45 minutes away from any type of farm or feed store so I go to petsmart a lot.

Niņo & Eliza

Petsmart.
    I dont really like the Petco in my area.

PetsMart. We don't have a PetCo in Canada to my knowledge...could be wrong though. Most of the time, I go to the smaller privately owned pet stores though, better service, nicer people, better prices and better stuff.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Petsmart was here in my city then petco moved 1 min. away. I checked out petco and got the rudest service I have ever recieved. I am sticking to petsmart.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

PetSmart!!! i like that they support humane societies. i see lots of adoption booths at the PetSmart i go to. better prices and a lot friendlier employees.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

we dont have either one around here!!! i hate it!! I went to a petsmart when i was in florida visiting my sister and have wanted them to put one in here ever since!!! they have tons of stuff!! we just have a whole bunch of mom and pop petstores around here!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I must say Petco, only because its the only one out of the two thats near us.
    They used to be HORRIBLE, but they've gotten a new manager, and its improved very much. No more bad bedding for the rodents (They use Carefresh now), No more dead fish in every other tank (though they still need to improve on the bettas), and its also the place where we met the humane society that Ethan was at.
    The only pet I've ever bought from Petco was Ellison (my CT betta), and he seems just as healthy as my other bettas.
    I do prefer the smaller petstores, such as the one in my town. It is a WONDERFUL place run by only around five people who take wonderful care of every animal there. And they actually know what they're doing.

There is no Petsmart around here, but we have three choices of Petcos to go to. They all hold adoption events on Saturdays, and seem to care about their animals, the cages are always clean and the critters look happy and well-fed.

It honestly depends on location. I know the particular PetCo I worked at the animals were VERY well taken care of. If a mouse so much as got a respitory infection (a MOUSE, a 99 cent mouse) they would bring it to the vet and pay hundreds of dollars in vet billsto get it back up to good health. And then, they couldn't sell it, so they would have to adopt it out.

But I have seen good petsmarts, and bad ones. The closest petsmart to me is very nice, clean, reasonable prices. The one I was near in St Charles.. was gross.. always had dead fish... sick animals that weren't taken care of...

So its the luck of the draw. Both chains have awesome stores, both have awful stores. Its just luck of the draw.

Both also host adoption clinics and take donations for animal organizations though

facebook

Always go to Pet Smarts closer than anyother petstore but i do but my food at a feed and seen Eukanuba is cheaper there than in a pet store or grocerystore.

Petco. At my Petsmart teenagers work there and one of the teenager groomers was ripping through a poor Maltese's hair

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    PetSmart!!! i like that they support humane societies. i see lots of adoption booths at the PetSmart i go to. better prices and a lot friendlier employees.
    PetCo does that too. They also have some sort of dealie going on with Petfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    It is the same here. Petco also has adoption booths but the one here has awful service. Their prices are higher than Petsmart also.