Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A puppy may be coming home?

{{{Candy and puppy}}}

!!! What a situation you find yourself confronted with! I will hold you and Dusty's litter mate in my thoughts and prayers. It definately sounds like something is seriously wrong for that poor puppy's sake. Do keep us updated!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

This seems to be getting worse by the hour. Poor boy, at least he is out of the d%$# crate and the basement....excuse me while I say a few words under my breath . Why didn't they just pick up the phone and call you??

I hope that my initial reaction to this newest post is completely wrong......I hope that you indeed to get him back, Candy. Fingers and paws crossed here.

Hope these people are not just playing games with you
    on this Candy.

Prayers & Best Wishes that you're able to get him back
    home with you . Prayers and Best Wishes to you on this.

Poor dog!

Isn't this a case of breach of contract. Best of luck Candy, I'm sorry you have to go through this.

On a happier note of this whole ordeal, I told a couple people from the Golden Retriever Club about the situation. I had a few offers for permanent homes for the poor pup. Kathi told me not to do anything with him until she gets back from her vacation (her and Bob are going to England until the 15th). She said they want to check him out and see if he has potential for SAR work and if he does, they want him!!! I didn't even ask her. It was their decision!

I hope that is what works out. He will be loved immensley there and will be trained by people who have experience. I think this is something the pup needs!

I told her not to worry, I am no hurry to rehome him. I want to evaluate him to see what his problems are and work on them before rehoming him. I do not think we will have a hard time finding a new home for him.

I also hope that the family is not playing games with me. They have done enough damage already!

Dixie, I'm confident that if anyone can retrain him and bring him back to his potential, it will be you. I do hope these people are not just playing games with you, let them know this is not a game with you, that you mean business.
    I just know these kids have teased him and caused these problems and the mom and dad are too busy to see that. You would think if he nipped the kid once they would be a little caucious about them playing take away the toy game.
    I sure hope it all works out and you get him back, he deserves a better life than what he has had. I just can't believe people like that. After you pick him up they will be out looking for another dog probably, the cycle never ends.
    Jackie

GRRRRRR

I just came on this morning, have been too busy to read posts for the last few days and I have read all of them on this subject.

I WANT TO BITE THEM TOO....

I am a golden mom and cannot believe what this poor pup has gone through to make him aggressive. I can certainly understand why he is though.

I think it may be fate intervening here if all works out and the dog can go to Bob and Kathy and be a rescue dog. Goldens love giving (never taking) and this poor pup apparently has been taught to take because it was his only choice. I have a feeling when you get him back he won't show any signs of aggression toward you or anyone else that treats him with the love he deserves.

I am so thankful that you called to check on the pups, way to go and good luck with whatever happens. Please keep us posted.

Just thinking of my golden baby being aggressive makes me know this is a pup in trouble.

Thanks again for letting us know and letting us (I hope) help a little.

S&S
    (Sally and Sierra)

Candy:
    I hope that, for the puppy's sake, those people are really going to give him back to you. You are the most qualified person to bring him back to his Golden personality. It would be so wonderful, for him and for them, if he ends up with Bob and Kathy. I know you will keep us up to date, we are all anxious to know the poor little guy finds the home he deserves.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

I talked to the owners of Cooper (that's the dogs name) last night about making arrangements to get him. They informed me that they have changed their minds and want to keep him. They are going to have a professional trainer come in and evaluate him and work with him. His name is Armond Rapitinio (sp?) and he is a renowned trainer and is listed in the Guinness book of World Records as being able to train dogs fast.

I am quite upset about this. I want Cooper to come back to me more than ever now since I have doubts about his life there. I never heard of this trainer and I looked on the web and couldn't find anything about him.

The guy said that Cooper is a big part of their life and they owe it to him to try to work it out. How much more time are they going to waste?

This is physically draining me since it has me genuinely worried about one of Dixie's babies. I wish I knew what to do.

Candy,

Is there a clause in your contract that says you can take the pups back for specific reasons? If so, look into that. I would call the owners up and give it to the staright up! Express your concern for Cooper and ask to come and evaluate the living situation he is in. If you go and see that it is no acceptable and that your concerns are valid, then resort to your contract terms and go from there.

I think seeing Cooper and the environment he is in will put your mind at ease and help you decide what the best solution for Cooper is!

Candy, is there any way you could manage to be there at the same time as this so-called "expert"? Maybe you could tell the people it would help if you were there to answer any "background" questions the "expert" might have. That way you could both check out the situation and if expert is any good at all he could possibly be on your side about taking Cooper back with you.... just a thought Laurie

Candy,

I was afraid of this.

From these people's evasive answers previously.
    I don't believe them at all about hiring an
    independent trainer to work with the dog. Pure
    B.S.
    P.S. What does it matter if someone is the "fastest trainer"? More B.S. I would not believe
    a word they are telling you, but would insist on
    adherence to the original contract they signed.

8. If at anytime the SELLER feels the terms of this contract is not being fulfilled and the health and well being of the Golden are in question, action will be taken to remove the Golden from the situation.

They came to class but it was apparent that they did not practice from week to week and eventually they did not finish the first class or basic obedience. My contract states that they are to take 1 puppy kindergarten class and 2 series of basic classes.

You do feel that the health and well being of Cooper are in question. According to your contract, you can remove him from the home. You should insist on evaluating the situation yourself!

They also violated your contract by not taking the pup to obedience classes. This clause is a bit vague and can be a cause of debate if there is no time limit set for that regulation.

Here is why I feel my hands are tied.....

The person I am dealing with is a lawyer. Both him and his wife practice out of a very affluent firm. Even though they signed the contract, I am sure they will make me go to court to prove neglegence and I am not financially able to incurr that kind of expense. I know this sounds lame but I don't know how to enforce the contract at this point.

Can someone with more law knowledge than me, please shed some light on something I can do?

I'm sure even if I do go to court, they will make mince meat out of me.

I have asked to have the dog evaluated when I was present. I was told that it will be on Thursday the sixteenth in Williamsport (4 hours from me). I can not take off from work that day because there are only two people from a systems side that support the mainframe. My co-worker is out of the office that entire week on vacation. Normally I can take off with little problems as long as one of us is available for support.

They have agreed (so far) to let me know what the evaluator says and to evaluate the dog for myself after the other guy does. I feel this is just a ploy though. Basically, the dog is not even in their home right now. He is with a relative supposedly for a little vacation while they get adjusted to having a new baby around. The baby is only a couple weeks old at this point. What Bull!

This may be one battle that cannot be fought with confrontation or allegations or trying to enforce the contract. Do everything you can to make them aware you are available to help them and work with them and provide the fall-back plan of a place for the dog should their other ideas not work out. I agree with Liz that they are giving you a lot of B.S., but I also think your evalutation about just how far you would get in a standoff with them is correct. Unless they want to cooperate with you, they won't. The challenge is to make them want to. I know that might not be possible, but it is an option to consider.