Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much do you spend on Cat food?

For one cat it's about $20(AU) a month, that's mostly Whiskas tinned food and a 2kg box of dry food.

That must be the first time I've ever considered what it costs a month for my cat, I'd pay double or more if I had to.

Well, let's see. I have two cats and just switched over their food to Royal Canin. That was a 3.5 lb bag (I *think*, not sure. I know it was the smaller of the two.) and it cost 14.96 plus 8.6 percent tax. They only get treats sporadically mainly because they are picky and don't really like anything except Whiskas Temptations (three dollars for a small pouch) and some moist treats (two dollars per pouch, ever other month or so). Litter (Feline Pine) is $20 for the bag that we just got. It's a huge bag, though. So... it works out to be 40.23 for this month, I believe.

Edit: This bag of FP should last for a month and a half or so.

About 150 a month for 8 cats. 100 of that is for their prescription food--one 20 pound bag of C/D a month and a case of the canned c/d. The rest is other kinds of canned food.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Well, with only Max now, my bill is cut way down. It really only costs me about $30 a month to feed him - a buck a day, if that.

As for litter, the last time I bought some was November/05 and I still have 1/2 a bag left. I find that Max pees less since he's the only cat now. I've heard that a cat living in a multi-cat environment will pee more to try and mark his/her territory. Don't know if that's true but now I only have to scoop once a day. Sorry, that's getting off topic...
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I spend about 30.00 a month for my 3 cats. I buy the big bag of Iams Weight Control/Hairball Control. (dry food only) Add in for the treats and cat nip and toys, comes to about 50.00 a month.