Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your School Mascot(s)?

Your School Mascot(s)?

hey, school is all about animals too! what was your high school (and/or) college mascot(s)?

my two high schools I went to, for first two years was cobra (silver and maroon) and last two years at other, eagle! (black and orange) ..

and two colleges, owl (red and black) and now, tiger! (orange & brown) .. agh.

so, cobra, eagle, owl and cobra .. I wonder how did it all started, naming school an animal - anyone know?
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Sigh - my high school teams were "the Pirates" no animals involved. And if Mass Art ever had a mascot, no one ever told me! We didn't even have gym, never mind sports teams.

My high school was the mustangs and my college is the muskies- most people from out of state don't understand that a muskie is a very big, strong game fish, they're just like "a fish for a mascot!".
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Ours isn't an animal sadly. Charles Lindbergh lived in my town so our team is the Flyers. Our mascot I guess would be a plane. It's the same mascot from elementary to high school.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Ours is a Tophat..
    We're the Toppers
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Well I am still in Middle School, but our mascot is a MUSTANG! Go Mustangs! lol
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

My catholic school we were simply "The Saints" and at my high school we're "The Wolves". I love wolves so it's pretty cool to see decorations all around.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Our High School mascot was a Thunderbird. A mythical, native American bird with a sort of Alaskan Indian slant.

Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Your School Mascot(s)?

High School was the Lions maroon & black..
    College was the Coyote gold & black

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

High School was the Tommies and the mascot was a cat Green & Gold

University was the Dalhousie Tigers and the colors were Black and Gold

The University I go to now is just the University of New Brunswick Varsity Reds! The colors are Red and Black!

Thank-You Kay (Kfamr) for the beautiful signature!

Marie

Our mascot is the Redskins. Not very animal-like!
    I think our colors are red and black? or red and white? One of those!
    And though I'm not in college, my sister is. And theirs is the Indians.
    Something about this part of Arkansas and Indians seem to go together.

We were the "Oilers" for High School, so our mascot was an Oil Derek and a guy dressed up like a Roughneck, wearing a hardhat and carrying a wrench.

My college mascot was the "Cougar". While I was there, we actually had a live cougar, named "Shasta". She was gorgeous. You could see her in her habitat on campus as you walked to certain classes. They later decided that wasn't humane, to be dragging her around to games and having her housed on campus, so they switched to a guy dressed up as a cartoonish Cougar, but he's still known as "Shasta". Which is kewl cuz her memory still lives on. Go Coogs! Eat'em up! Eat'em Up! Rah! Rah! Rah!

The mascots down here are always real personalized. Every Longhorn at UT is named Bevo. The Rice Owls are all Sammies. The Collies from Texas A&M are all Reveilles. I've always loved the story of Reveille, even though I'd never consider being an Aggie, even with such a great mascot as a Collie.

The Aggie band smuggled a small malnourished Black and White dog into their dorm, that they found on a Corps trip. The next morning she was found, because she barked to the morning reveille, hence the name.

The current mascot, Reveille VII, is a Collie, just as Reveille II-VI were. Reveille I-VI are currently buried in front of Kyle Field, facing the scoreboard (so they can watch their Texas Aggie football team outscore the opponents).

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

My highschool was "the Clippers" which is some kind of ship/boat.

I attended the University of Northern Iowa which was the Panthers, and the University of Iowa, which is the Hawkeyes- both animals (although Herky the hawk is kind a human/animal hybrid. The mascot walks around sometimes around campus and gives people crap. When we were students he threw away Eric's gym shoes!)

Quote Originally Posted by dogzr#1
    Well I am still in Middle School, but our mascot is a MUSTANG! Go Mustangs! lol
    My middle school was too! The Maple Mustangs~ ugly blue and orange
    My highschool is the GBN Spartans~ green and gold *pretty!*

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi
    University of Iowa, which is the Hawkeyes- both animals (although Herky the hawk is kind a human/animal hybrid. The mascot walks around sometimes around campus and gives people crap. When we were students he threw away Eric's gym shoes!)
    When my dad went back to visit IA City he coplained of all the Herkys "Littering" the sidewalks

Niño & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy
    When my dad went back to visit IA City he coplained of all the Herkys "Littering" the sidewalks
    Yikes! I know, they were around for quite a while. Then the university sold them- for $3,000 dollars a piece!! I can't believe anyone would pay that much for those things...