Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Zoe peeing on bed again

Problems with Zoe peeing on bed again

This time she peed on my daughters bed. My 10 year old twin daughter. There was NO reason for this. She's been to the vet. So please don't tell me that she needs to see a vet. I am so fed up with this. If social services were to find out that our dog is peeing everywhere in the house, including my daughters bed, I will loose custody of my 2 1/2 year old. And please don't try to tell me about training. She's BEEN to training.

I thought that the problem was solved.

Grrrr...

Sorry... about all the angry faces...

I'm just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated! And I hate to get rid of her, but it just seems like there isn't any other alternative.

I think the only thing to do is to monitor her more closely. Keep her tethered to you at all times or put in a crate when you can not watch her. You are not alone, we have had problems with dogs peeing on the beds in the past, and we go back to the basics of housebreaking and do what I mentioned above. It will not fix itself overnight, you need to be very consistent and I would HIGHLY reccemend doing the NILIF training that was mentioned in your other thread. Hopefully things will get better, I'm sorry

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Dogs need consistant training throughout their entire lives. You don't just take them to a class and think that's it. You need to continue reinforcing training and good habits throughout the dog's life. If she is peeing on the bed, watch her closesly, take her outside more frequently, monitor/limit her water intake. Dogs do not just do things to spite anyone. Dogs do things because they are either sick or need more training, or other territorial reasons. So don't think she is doing it JUST to "be bad", because they just.. don't.

facebook

Read this: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=102679

She should be kept on a leash that is attached to you at all times or crated if you aren't home or are doing something where she can't be next to you. She needs to be monitored 100% of the time until she knows the proper place to go potty. She needs the NILIF program BADLY. She is an insecure dog with no understanding of her place in the "pack" and thus manifesting in problem behaviors that will only get worse the longer she goes without any structure. You yell out "don't tell me about training" It seems to me your mind is just closed already to suggestions people may have. Because she has been to a few classes does NOT mean she is "trained." She needs lots of time, patience and consistency, something you honestly don't seem to want to put into her.
    Last edited by K9soul; 05-01-2006 at 07:26 PM.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I don't see how the dog peeing in the house on occasion would make Social Services take away your child, unless there are already problems with them for other reasons, and those are not Zoe's fault. I used to feel that you just needed to work with her, but at this point I feel like she ought to go to another home and maybe now isn't a good time to have pets if you can't devote more time to training and using the NILIF program. Dog's don't develop social problems because they are dogs, they develop social problems because of the lack of human direction and they get confused and insecure. If it is that busy that you don't have time for the training, then you should rehome her and not get any more dogs. This is just my opinion, sorry if you don't like it, but it's truly how I feel. You are always so angry at her, and if you are that agnry at her on here then you are probably angry at her in the home and she can tell. That could be a big part of the problem. I hope you can find her a good home if you can't find a way to spend the time necessary with her.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

If she is having problems with house training, I would recommend going back to the basics and treat her like she is a new puppy. When you can't watch her, gate her in a secure area or crate her. If it's just beds she has a problem with, clean them with something to get rid of the odor (to the dog), vinegar & water works to get rid of the ammonia smell and close the doors. If she doesn't have access to the bed, she can't pee on it.

I agree with Vela. Maybe Zoe needs to go to a home where someone has time to tend to her. My heart breaks for her.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy
    I agree with Vela. Maybe Zoe needs to go to a home where someone has time to tend to her. My heart breaks for her.
    And as much as I'd hate to say it, I agree that this may be the best option for your family and for Zoe.

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee
    And as much as I'd hate to say it, I agree that this may be the best option for your family and for Zoe.
    ditto.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

If it was me, I would not get rehome Zoe for that reason. CoCo is very bad about going to my parents room and peeing on their bed. The simple solution was just to shut the door so CoCo could not get in there again. That is what we have done and it has not been peed on since.

I would never get rehome CoCo for that reason. It has never crossed my family's mind, but you have to do what's right for your family and your dog. Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    I don't see how the dog peeing in the house on occasion would make Social Services take away your child, unless there are already problems with them for other reasons, and those are not Zoe's fault. I used to feel that you just needed to work with her, but at this point I feel like she ought to go to another home and maybe now isn't a good time to have pets if you can't devote more time to training and using the NILIF program. Dog's don't develop social problems because they are dogs, they develop social problems because of the lack of human direction and they get confused and insecure. If it is that busy that you don't have time for the training, then you should rehome her and not get any more dogs. This is just my opinion, sorry if you don't like it, but it's truly how I feel. You are always so angry at her, and if you are that agnry at her on here then you are probably angry at her in the home and she can tell. That could be a big part of the problem. I hope you can find her a good home if you can't find a way to spend the time necessary with her.
    I have in home counselors in my home, and check things out. Don't you think that if they smell dog urine in my house that they're going to take my NOT even 3 year old away?????

Obviously you think that your perfect and that you haven't had any problems with dogs peeing in your children's beds over and over again.

So don't judge me.

Sorry that's just how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi
    If she is having problems with house training, I would recommend going back to the basics and treat her like she is a new puppy. When you can't watch her, gate her in a secure area or crate her. If it's just beds she has a problem with, clean them with something to get rid of the odor (to the dog), vinegar & water works to get rid of the ammonia smell and close the doors. If she doesn't have access to the bed, she can't pee on it.
    Thanks for your heart felt support.

So will vinegar and water... stop her from peeing in the beds?

Only consistant training or closing bedroom door will stop the peeing, but the vinegar and water should help to get the smell out.

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul
    Read this: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=102679

She should be kept on a leash that is attached to you at all times or crated if you aren't home or are doing something where she can't be next to you. She needs to be monitored 100% of the time until she knows the proper place to go potty. She needs the NILIF program BADLY. She is an insecure dog with no understanding of her place in the "pack" and thus manifesting in problem behaviors that will only get worse the longer she goes without any structure. You yell out "don't tell me about training" It seems to me your mind is just closed already to suggestions people may have. Because she has been to a few classes does NOT mean she is "trained." She needs lots of time, patience and consistency, something you honestly don't seem to want to put into her.
    Thank you so much for the reference! I will start this immediately!!!

I do WANT to put forth the effort. It's just frustrating when three of the beds in my home, have dog urine on them. And so bad on mine that it's soaked through and I do NOT have the money to replace it.

So what do you mean by... she's an insecure dog? With no understanding of her place in the pack? I'm really confused about this. And I'd like to know what you mean... k?

Because all in all we ALL discipline her, and let her KNOW that we are her boss. Well, except for ONE of us. Her owner, my disabled 10 year old daughter. We SHOW her constant love and attention. She has been going for 4 mile walks every day, twice a day. Plus we take her to the park, and let her swim in a nearby lake, while we throw sticks in for her.