Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yikes, what should I do?

I drew a line around it right after I got back from the hospital, and it has grown around it a bit, especially in one area. The pain is still the same and I still have trouble moving it. That is the only hospital in our city but Im going to go to the walk in clinic tomorrow to see what they can do I guess. There is red streaking and it worries me a lot. You can actually see the red streaking going from a couple of the punctures up to a vein in my arm This is just so frustrating! Thanks again for the prayers and I will keep you all updated.

Thank-You Kay (Kfamr) for the beautiful signature!

Marie

Oh Marie, to say that I am worried about you, is an understatement.

I still cannot believe the treatment, or I should say, lack of treatment that you have received from these so called doctors.

How I feel for you and will continue with my prayers until I hear a good update from you. We do care.

Please go first thing in the morning to the clinic and I pray that you get a competent doctor this time.

Gentle ((((((HUGS))))))

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I'm glad you have an alternative facility for care.

Another thing you should do - go to the Medical Records Department in the hospital you went to the other two times. Request that they supply you with copies of both E.R. visits. You might have to fill out a form, and might have to pay a small fee for them to copy the records.

I'm assuming it works the same in Canada as in the USA. These are YOUR records, and you have every right to a copy of them. Then if there are any complications due to their stupidity, you have a copy of what they didn't do.

Keep at it until someone "MEDICAL" gets as alarmed as we are! This is not sounding good, I am also worried and praying. I am so sorry you are not getting the treatment you deserve to get, total MALPRACTICE! Please keep us posted, I will be checking in the morning FIRST thing on you so post as soon as you can.. Grrrrrr! Prayers going up for you!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Am Worried!!! Are You Ok??? What Happened??? Please Let Us Know!!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

wha??! oh my..

please, please go to somewhere else who will help you! ASAP! and we'll hear back from you really soon..

just almost two years ago now, I got bitten by a very little baby raccoon who was behind me watching 15-20 stray cats eating on my thumb.. (I laid on my hands back). I had my thumb up immediately, he was hanging on it, I scruffed his back neck, pressed it against my thumb until he let it go. a few minutes after I ran in bathroom, two punctures won't stop bleeding, I got really dizzy and felt so nauseaous - I passed out. nobody was home, I lived alone, red streaks grew in a day and half. luckily, a worried classmate/friend bothered to stop by, found me laying very pale (had my arm under my neck, head down on toilet rim - was going to throw up! - pressured the vessels), took me to hospital. my blood was posioned a bit, and my reaction to the bite was very common, serve allergic! just to a bite. quick dirty parasites from teeth/salvia you can't see went inside and had a festival. scary.

anyway, so glad your dad is around with you and BE OK! I sure hope you'll write a couple of complaints! we'll help. superunbelievable.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I'm sorry I didn't see this until now! Those docters are absolute lunatics. My mom is an RN and she read this and can't even believe these docters! I'm glad you are going somewhere else.... I'm hoping you're ok and I will keep you in my thoughts!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Anxiously waiting to hear how you are doing today.

Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005

OMG!I never heard of anything like this.That was NOT a good DOC! I hope you get healed ASAP!

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

I hope the reason we haven't heard anything so far is that she is being seen by a competent doctor and getting medical care.

Keeping finger and toes crossed and sending prayers.

I couldn't agree with you more on that one Grace.

Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005

Don't you just want to tie up these quacks and toss them into a pit of feral tomcats, then leave them for several days?!

This was the first thread I checked this morning, hoping that Marie is getting better care. Like Grace, I hope we haven't heard because she is getting the help she needs.

this was first and last thread I checked this morning, now first one again after my all-day classes - still nothing.

I can't say you're all okay but I was relieved when I saw you last logged in (around 1PM today), I hope you're gone somewhere getting help and will update us soon!

(((take care))) and waiting..
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Hey everyone and thanks for caring. I had to wait till 6 p.m till the clinic opened or else go back to the ER and we all know what happened there, twice. Anyways these clinics are open Monday-Friday 6-8. I just havent had the energy to move honestly. Last night I was up all night again, I was sick this morning and my arm is still the same. Ive been in and out of sleep all day and then it was finally 6 and I went to the clinic. Well, NOTHING, same thing keep taking the antibiotics and the red should go away. I give up and Im so sleepy and sick to my stomach that I have no energy to do anything right now. Like I just went through all the things I possible could do so maybe Im fine I donno but I dont feel fine.

Sorry I havent been quick to reply Ive just been so tired and not feeling well and my arm is still really sore. I'll get and respond to everyones threads when I feel better Thanks again everyone for caring and your prayers

Thank-You Kay (Kfamr) for the beautiful signature!

Marie

Okay - your stomach may be upset due to the antibiotics. What are you taking for pain? ASA, Tylenol, Motrin (Ibuprofen) - any of these can help, although any of them in combination with the antibiotic could cause an upset tummy. Keep taking liquids, even if you can't eat. That will keep you hydrated. Drink whatever sounds good to you.

Try to keep that arm elevated as much as possible.

Do you have a family doctor? Someone you trust? It might be a good idea to call him/her tomorrow if the arm is the same.

And don't forget to get copies of ALL your medical records regarding this incident.

Please let us know how your arm is tomorrow.