Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corgi/Mix Pup!

Corgi/Mix Pup!

>_< Yeah, I'm at it again! hehe, but seriously, my Flyball trainer e-mailed me this message from one of her friends that fosters, and she just got in a precious Corgi mix boy. We've been e-mailing back and fourth about him, and we filled out an application. Now all that's left is taking pictures of our home/yard, and they're calling our vet... both of which should go smoothly!

So, here he is! They said he's a Corgi x JRT, which I do not see! If he is, that'd be a cute mix... but I honestly see more Aussie x Corgi, and his foster mom agrees. He is an 8+ week-old Tri with one blue eye, they say he's very smart and crate trained already. <3 I hope we can get him! Hopefully we'll be able to pick him up in Redding on Sunday! I just have a good feeling about this little guy, and it seems like things are actually working out with him (unlike the other 3 puppy attempts!), and who couldn't love him? He is a BOY, but he's supposed to be very submissive and little, so Gonzo should not have a problem with him.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=6169144

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

He's cute, whatever he is. I hope it works out.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

he kinda looks like a husky mix maybe just by his markings and maybe a jrt?

I agree. I think I see *some* husky. Whatever he is I hope you get him! HE IS SO CUTE!

Adorable!
    Whatever he is, he sure is cute!

YAY I'm glad you finally found another one hopefully you will get this one.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

He is adorable! Thoughts and prayers sent your way so you can get your adorable baby boy! Good luck!

he is sooooo cute! i sure hope you adopt him, good luck to you and i hope everything works out!!

Thanks Mak (zoomer)

Are you still getting the other puppy from a breeder?

Good luck with this one, he is a cutie!

He is adorable! Good luck, I hope you can adopt him - he is so cute!

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

What a cutie! I hope you will be able to adopt him! I also see husky in the markings, they look a lot like Nebo's did as a pup.

He's a cutie - as are all/most puppies! BUT I don't really see either Corgi or JRT in him. Maybe just bad pictures.

I was going to suggest Petfinder to you when you posted you would be interested in a Corgi or Mix and would considera shelter dog. I looked in your area that evening and found some cuties - but not any pups (as you mentioned you wanted to do the whole training thing).

I really like Petfinder (that's where I found my Bob), but I should note that many of their breed guesses are jsut flat out wrong. Understandable as the guess is usually made by the listing shelter and what the person who wrote the description "thought at the time".

Check out this guy - he's in your area too (I think). IMO - he's really cool looking and is a young energetic guy!!!
    http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=4650171

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH!!!

Actually, I do see some corgi. Look at those legs!! Hehe. And corgis can be merled and/or have blue eyes, too, so don't always judge by markings alone

facebook

Thanks for all of the nice replies!

We're driving up tomorrow morning to pick up Willie!!! I'm really, really excited. He sounds perfect for us. He's very easy-going and respectful of his adult foster-siblings, he's crate trained and housebroken already, and he's just sooo cute. There has got to be Corgi in him, he's much smaller than he looks (about the size/weight of an 8 week-old JRT puppy) and has the short legs. And, his coat is poofier than it looks.

I got a new crate and bed for him, and some of the food he's currently eating (Natural Balance). We'll probably spend at least $200 on toys and treats and stuff tomorrow, which will be fun. ^_^ I can't wait to cuddle with him and play with him, and show you guys pictures of course.

I've been totally researching it, but anyone have advice about how I should introduce Gonzo and his new little bro? I know it's best on neutral grounds, but should I also keep them apart and slowly integrate them together at home?

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I know I said he looked husky in the markings (I was thinking that instead of aussie) but I wasn't meaning he didn't look Corgi, he definitely looks mostly like a corgi to me in the second pic, and completely adorable of course. I think the first pic makes him look like a bigger dog, he looks smaller in the second pic. He reminds me of Dappledoxie's Tucker (Brandy if you want me to remove this link just let me know I hope you don't mind)

Have you had dogs visit your house to play with Gonzo before? If he's been fine with that I think he would be ok, but neutral grounds is probably best.