Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rescue animals *27 pics*

Rescue animals *27 pics*

I love my new job at our humane society. I was so honored when they asked me to work for them, since I am only seventeen. I guess volunteering since I was 14 finally paid off

I am also their resident photographer Better pictures tend to capture the animals personalities more, and this is what they wanted. We have about 20 cats located up at the humane society - the rest are in foster homes. All of our dogs are in foster homes as well, and so are all of the rabbits except for little Angelina, who stays up at the office with the kitties.

We are no kill, so we are very limited in the animals we can take in. Fortunately we are becoming more recognized and we are getting more adopters in! Unfortunately, "kitten season" is here and we don't have enough foster homes. We have several bottle babies right now. A few litters are brought with our office manager to work every day, I haven't gotten their pictures yet though.

This is Hattie. Isn't she gorgeous?

This is Queenie. She's one of my favorites, she's such a love bug!

(The photo above was in our newspaper )

More coming ...

This is Katrina. She absolutely hates having her picture taken. She's been at the humane society for over a year. When she came in she was really skinny, now she's very plump

Zoie looking out the window.

This is Jasper, isn't he beautiful? He is one of the prettiest cats I've ever seen!

This is Sasha. She's very pretty and loves people, but doesn't like other cats very much.

This is Jerimiah, and I couldn't get a good picture of him because all he wanted to do was play or sit in my lap! He is a 6 month old love bug

This is Snuggles ... she's been deemed the "evil cat" for now. She's just scared though, and judging by her name (we didn't name her), she is probably usually very good with people.

More coming ...

This is Miramar, and she is my favorite out of all of the kitties (though I love them all!). She loves people and attention! She's also a camera ham. She's up at PETsMART for the week, and I miss having her around!

The dogs are coming next ...

This is Smurf. He's your typical Bichon, though he is built more like a Basset Hound! He has a very long body with short little legs.

This is Taffy. I want her sooo bad! She is just the sweetest thing, and oh my gosh she is just adorable!!

This is Freckles, and she is our office manager's dog. She reminds me of Mandy so much in her face! Her shape/structure is exactly the same as Mandy's!

That's all! Now who wants to adopt them?

you're so lucky you get to work there! your co-workers are beautiful! Jasper's eyes are *BEAUTIFUL!* he is handsome and those babies are soooo freakin' adorable! I cannot stand it. I hope they all get their forever homes soon! I am in love with Taffy.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Thanks! I love working there, it's so great being around all of the animals!

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    Thanks! I love working there, it's so great being around all of the animals!
    that's why I volunteer and it's so rewarding!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I love Katrina the kitty and Freckles the dog! Im not really a big dog person but he looks so friendly and just like a dog I had when I was a kid, Pal. Poor Cuddles is sweet to, she is just scared Ahh that just breaks my heart! It sure must be great working there!

Thank-You Kay (Kfamr) for the beautiful signature!

Marie

Sarah,

GREAT pictures!! I think you're going to do very well at the Humane Society!!

This is my favorite picture. I'm in LOVE with Hattie!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

They are beautiful, thanks for sharing

Rescue animals

WOW they are all so sweet & adorable.. I wish I could take them all.. Glad you like your new job.. Hope all the babies get good homes..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Sarah, congratulations on being hired! I can imagine what an easy choice it was for them to select you for the position.

Now let me say that your pictures blow me away. They are awesome! You will certainly be instrumental in getting many of these lovely animals new homes as each and every picture you have posted here seems to feature the essence of these lovely creatures. You might want to consider a career on the side of photographing people's pets. I know that if you lived anywhere near me, I would want you to photograph my dogs.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

WW!
    "Ditto" what Rachel said ~
    Sarah, you take BEAUTIFUL photos!!

/s/ Phred
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

PERFECT pics, Sarah!!
    OMG, ALL cats are just gorgeous! The dogs too!!
    I am sure that most of these pets will find a new forever home soon!! Awww, I want Katrina
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Beautiful pictures Sarah!

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE