Thread: what do you think of these breeders?

what do you think of these breeders?

i found a few breeders. i am NOT going to buy from any of them! i just want to know if ya'll think they are reputable or not.

Woodside German Shepherds
    Sallie's Poms
    Foster's Beagles
    Majic Manor Danes
    Windy City Kennels
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I really like the Pom one shes seems really responsible. The Beagle one I dont know I think they should have homes made up for their pups before breeding...and I havnt looked properly at the rest.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

That first GSD breeder has three litters coming. The poor dogs' rear ends almost drag on the ground, I really hate this body type.
    I think Sallie's poms is well, a byb turned breeding operation, but she seems to have a good heart and has done her homework for breeding.
    The beagle breeders tell us on their home page that they started in 2004 by breeding their very first pet beagle. The females I saw were in poor form. They are overly thrilled to have "sold" all of the puppies they had in two weeks. I'd expect a breeder to know me for more than two weeks before they allow me to have a pup.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Woodside GSDs is a very nice lady. We get some dogs that she has bred in at work -- they all have sloping backs, but they don't have hip dysplasia. They certify the hips and elbows before breeding.
    I've been BOO'd!

The only good reputable breeders I see are Woodside GSDs (which I'd be very inclined to buy my pups from ), Majic Danes, and *possibly* Windy City. I don't know much about how working kennels work, however, so I can't say much about Windy City. I didn't look into their website too much, but I didn't see any certification of OFA/CERF which makes me kind of iffy.

I wouldn't dream of stepping foot into the facilities of Sallie's Poms and those Beagle breeders. Well, now that I look more closely, I'd have to agree with the previous poster. Sallie's Poms probably has her heart in the right place but she went way off in her breeding program. Either that or she's a very tricky and intelligent BYB

Woodside - Sorry if anyone is offended, but I would NEVER consider a puppy from them. ;P There is no way I'd buy from a GSD breeder who promotes the crippling sloped backs/hock-walking, and doesn't even seem to consider the fact that they are WORKING dogs! Not Poodles!

Sallies - peh. no way. There's no mention of proving the breeding dogs' worth (conformation, etc) OR health testing. Plus, she has way too many dogs being actively bred to be legit.

Fosters - NO way. As said before, this person has way too many Beagles, apparently no showing experience (although they manage to fill the homepage with show photos of Beagles back in their dogs pedigree!), no apparent health testing, no apparent sporting work with their Beagles, and most of them look overweight and many are very mismarked. I know very little about Beagles, but they don't look like specimens that need to be bred! They also got their FIRST Beagles just 2 years ago, and have already started up their very own puppy mill.

Majic Manor - Seems to be a good breeder. They have many champions and their dogs look very nice! However, websites don't say everything, and it's preferable that you would visit their kennel. They don't have any OFA/etc info, which you should inquire about. 2-year health guarentee is satisfactory.

Windy City - Seems to be an "ok" breeder. I would choose this kennel for a GSD over the first kennel any day ! They obviously work their dogs actively in Obedience/Schutzhund. Some mention of health testing, but not much, which should be asked about in person. They accept credit cards and Paypal, though, which is the only red flag. I think the website is just intended to show photos and publicize their Obedience school, rather than sell dogs... it seems like they really expect to get to know their potential new owners. They obviously have a kennel setting which isn't ideal.

Definitely keep in mind, that for a good breeder, the website is just for fun. A good breeder does not need a website to advertise litters! You can also tell very little from a website... anyone who hires a good web designer and stretches the truth can make themselves look awesome, when they're actually a miller or a byb!

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

i agree i would never buy from the beagle or pom place. i wouldn't buy a GSD simply because i hate the way AKC has ruined these dogs rears. they are sickly looking.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Woodside GSD: I wouldn't buy from her. From the interview it seems like she has no real new goals, just to maintain. Plus she only mentions "breed type" and not conformation or working titles, she says to find a type you like and stick with it. Technically they are all supposed to have the same type. I really don't like how she makes winners and loosers a clear cut thing. I can be starting out and have bad luck but then get on the right track and produce excelenct quality, which may or may not make me a total winner, depending on who is judging and the dogs I'm up against.
    3 litters on the ground!?!?!

Sallie's Poms- NO WAY EVER. She seems like a BYBer to me. Just as bad. No refrences to showing or anything. NO titles on her dogs at all.
    Polly Pockets is about to retire and is looking for a good and loving "forever" home.
    I know from that she's being retired from breeding and not showing.
    She also says she had the "best job" like she made a living from breeding these guys.

Foster Beagles-
    I have 3 females and one male because I’m a breeder I need more females.
    And how do they have time for all those litters! It seems like they are also using the dogs as a sourse of income but I like how they are working dogs

Majic Manor Danes- they have 3 unfinished dogs available for stud! Other than that they seem fine

Windy City-
    From the first page they sound like they have good intentions but upon further reading they seem like more of a company out to make business than a dedicated kennel. Personally I'd like to have a good relationship with my breeder.

Niño & Eliza