Thread: Choking scare!! - He's okay

Choking scare!! - He's okay

Oh my gosh... I am just starting to calm down. I'll preface this by saying that Tyler is FINE. Tyler was eating lunch a few minutes ago and started choking on some ravioli. It was the single most frightening experience I can think of.... He was making gagging motions, but he couldn't cough and wasn't making a sound. I unstrapped him from his high chair and flipped him face down with his head lower than his chest like I learned to do and thankfully the change in position was all that it took for him to spit it out. I am so freaked out right now, but SO GLAD that I took the time to do the Red Cross training!!!!!!!!!!

I urge anyone who hasn't taken a class in first aid to do it!!!
    http://www.firstaid.ie/tip_infant_choking.htm
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

The choking thing always freaked me out when my kids were babies, my first born seemed to choke on everything.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Forgot to say I am glad Tyler is okay, now how about you
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

OMG! How frightening for you both. Well done you for leaping into action!!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

What a scare you had!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

So glad that he is okay!!!! it is such a scary thing!!! BUT JUST SO YOU KNOW IT WILL NOT BE THE LAST TIME IT HAPPENS!! SO BE PREPARED!! great job though!!super mom!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

OMG!! How scary. I hope all is well now with the entire family

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'm glad he's alright. Its true it won't be the last time. To lighten the mood- a Hilary Clinton moment- "let's ban all pasta".
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Kids can definitely put the fear of God in us all!! They're ALWAYS putting stuff in their mouths, not to mention eating.

Good job!! You never think that you'll have to use the technique when you're taking the class. I had to use the Heimlich Maneuver at a Mexican Restaurant years ago. A woman was choking on a nacho chip. It worked and she was greatful. I was happy to oblige. It was the only time I've ever used it.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

OMG!!! I have tears in my eyes just reading this, Missy!!! Poor Tyler, and POOR YOU!!! Thank GOD he is fine (and you will recover).

wow, talk about a scare! Glad hes ok & that it was a soft slimy food (comes out easier)... My old dog was choaking once & I was scared to death as I had no idea how to help him, as I had training for a human, not a dog.. He was so obident during it, I got him to sit & open his mouth for me. Dad held him & I reached in & luckly my hand was small enough to get way back there. I took the object out & tossed out the treat. Rawhide is evil even when your watching the dog.

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Poor Tyler! Glad mommy thought quickly and now your fine!

Some Auntie advice- chew next time, little guy!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

I'm so paranoid when it comes to younger kids and food. Especially when I'm babysitting.

Last time I went babysitting, I was so hesitant to let the kids have some Jolly Ranchers.

I haven't taken a course in 5 years and am very rusty.. time to take it again so that I'm confident enough!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone