Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your dog like carrots?

Does your dog like carrots?

I never thought Visa would be a big carrot fan. She doesn't like hard treats very much, and her veggies have to be mixed into meat in order to get her to eat them. The other day though, I bought a bunch of big fresh carrots for myself, and realised that there was no way I was going to eat all of them before they went bad. So I started to throw a carrot around for Visa and she eventually ate it. She is lying on my floor right now munching away on another carrot. I checked her stools after the first one and they are perfectly normal, so I guess this is going to be a regular snack!

Do your dogs like carrots?
    I've been BOO'd!

Earle loves carrots! He's on a diet right now so he's getting carrots as treats.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

All 4 of mine love carrots!! That doesn't say much in Hunter's case he'll eat anything, even meds!

I've never had a dog who didn't love carrots!

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Chester loves carrots!

Camen doesn't like raw carrots but he'll eat them if they are cooked.....What a fussy dog

Daisy loves carrots...the vet told me to feed them to her every once in a while as a treat to regulate her bowel movements...sometimes when she eats to many...her poop is orange!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul
    I never thought Visa would be a big carrot fan. She doesn't like hard treats very much, and her veggies have to be mixed into meat in order to get her to eat them. The other day though, I bought a bunch of big fresh carrots for myself, and realised that there was no way I was going to eat all of them before they went bad. So I started to throw a carrot around for Visa and she eventually ate it. She is lying on my floor right now munching away on another carrot. I checked her stools after the first one and they are perfectly normal, so I guess this is going to be a regular snack!

Do your dogs like carrots?
    Yep! My moms dogs love vegetables. In fact, the only thing Trixie won't eat are plums and pickled asparagus. Willy will not eat green olives. Little Dog is super picky so you kind of have to just see what happens but I know that she likes cheese, ham, beef jerky, and green peas! My cats, all of them, past and present, like or have liked vegetables and fruit. My grandfathers RB Tig used to love cantaloupe!

All my dogs love carrots. Every morning when I get baby carrots out for the pigs and bunny, have to get them for the dogs, too.

if I have 2 grocery bags, one with meat and one with Veggies, Misty graviates to the veggies lol cant say I have ever had much of a carrot fan as Shadow is though, but only baby carrots, if you give her a big carrot peald or not she wont touch it, but she will go absolutly crazy for baby carrots!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Yuppers, we ALL munch on "Healthy Snackz" at the Ranch!

Baby Carrots were an "acquired" taste ... years ago a few were *spit out* and rejected -
    but SmokeMutt gave in and *tried* a couple - then Cinder ate em because HE did ...
    as they say - "The rest is History!"

Bowser eats ANYthing ... so Carrots are just fine with him!

And whenever we have Pat & Joan's Cali Dawg - like we've had for a week and
    will have till Wed or Thursday of next week - she's a food hound and enjoys a good Carrot Snack!

Most of em (I guess Cinder is the *Phussie Wun* and turns up her nose at something
    that's "different") will eat most Veggies and Fruit - as long as *I* eat some FIRST!
    Cucumbers, tomatoes, oranges, and mellons are all on their A-OK list.

Apples were a hard sell for a while ... I tried Smokey first ... he *chewed* for
    what seemed like hours - then *spit it out* with hardly a tooth mark on the piece.
    Cinder would *grab it*, savor it, then *P-tooie* it out like a hot pepper!
    After a LOT of attempts, Smokey finally *ate* an apple piece - and came back
    for seconds ... all Cinder needed -- "He *LIKES* it - GIMMIE some!"

Bowser and Cali both accepted apples on the first try ... I made a salad tonight
    and wound up giving most of my apple pieces to the Dawgs! Not to mention having to
    chop a dozen baby carrots for the Four Mutts!

Smokey will even grab a dropped piece of lettuce - Cinder isn't too fond of it - yet.

I tease em when done with a salad - I offer and they start to lap up the left-over
    salad Dressing - both Italian and French are my favorites. Any one of the Four
    will start *lappin* it up - but I can tell by their facial expression NONE of them
    "likes" it - they just don't want the Other Guys getting any! Since I can't believe
    Salad Dressing is "good" for dogs - only one of em (first to the bowl) gets a
    couple of licks before I pull it away.
    I just LOVE the *pulled-back-lips* and the "DAD! This stuff tastes AWFUL!!"
    look that they all get when lappin up salad dressing!

Kat has even been sucked in with the Salad Sauce - he *thinks* it's Ice Creme -
    we often use the same bowl for both - and he'll KILL for ice creme soup ...
    takes him a lick or two to decide it's salad dressing.

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

My pups won't eat carrots.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Phred, I loved your post. I got a comical mental picture.

Yep my two love carrots! I buy the little baby carrots and offer them as treatsfor good behavior as well as snacks. Hubby eats an apple for breakfast every day (I know, it's a strange breakfast ) and he cuts up little pieces for the dogs and they really look forward to it. They also love, love, love lettuce. I discovered this one day by accident when I dropped a piece on the floor while making salad. I also give them cooked green beans mixed in with their kibble sometimes.

Yep ,mine All Luv Raw Carrots

Yes they all like carrots, but there are very few things that they won't eat!