Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi new here with a Border Collie

Hi new here with a Border Collie

Hi I am new here with A Border Collie named "Cody". Cody is trained in Cadaver recovery and Tracking and is now started in doing accelerant detection work (arson work) . This is my 1st post so I hope it goes thru ok. To see more of Cody you can go to http://www.angelfire.com/ny3/arsonk9/cody.html . I hope to be back when I understand this a little better. Everyone stay safe out there. Bruce & "Cody"

Welcome to Pet Talk, Bruce & Cody!!!! Glad you are here! Looking forward to hearing more about Cody and the VERY Important jobs you two do. Thank you so much for doing them.

welcome to pet talk! You dog is beautiful! One of the trainers we haven taken our dogs to has two border collies and they are great dogs! (although, like you say on your page, not for everyone )

Welcome to Pet Talk, K9arson!!! I'm sure you'll love it here!

I have a Black Lab, named Sadie!

Love,
    Sarah & Sadie

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Welcome, Bruce and Cody!

Cody's website is wonderfully informative and provides a great service for people who *think* they might want a BC--it definitely gives readers a sense of how busy your dog needs to be each and every day! BC's are amazing, and Cody sounds like a great specimen.

We've got a 1.5 year old Australian Shepherd named Eli who keeps us plenty busy, although he's nowhere near what living with a BC is probably like. He's a frisbee dog extraordinaire and is just getting started in advanced obedience and learning some kick-butt tricks. We've also got an ACD mix, Kobie. Love those herding breeds!

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

Welcome to Pet Talk Bruce and Cody. What a great dog Cody is! Look forward to hearing more about him and seeing some more pictures. I loved the web page and will be checking out some of the links too when Bonnie and I aren't playing fetch!
    Deb & Dave

"Most dog owners are at length able to teach themselves to obey their dog."--Robery Morley

first of all WELCOME!!!!!!
    what a great website!!!!!
    you must be so proud of cody...
    cannot wait to hear and see more cody pics and stories!!!!
    love those border collies!!!!!!!!!!

another good place for cody info is in dog general...alot more pettalkers frequent that...and would love to see and hear more on cody
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Thank you all for the warm Welcome to Pet Talk

Thank you all for the warm welcome here. It seems like an awfull lot of nice people in here. I have had trouble with the signature on here so I am now doing a Photo album of Cody's pictures that can be seen all at one time. Some may be ones already on my webpages. And by the way thank you all for your comlpiments on my webpages. Make sure you click on to all the links and see some of the things we have done here with dogs. The webpages cover everything from starting an accelerant detection dog to how my wife and Boss and I were called in to try to locate the grave from 1837 of a woman believed to be haunting a local mansion.http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/miaja38/vanhorn.html . And for those who don't want to read the page we did find her grave with the use of Cadaver dogs.
    I have been very fortunate to have worked with Bill Tolhurst who is a leading authority on Scent dogs (bloodhounds) and is known world wide in his research of scent. He has written 3 books and has written articles for "Americas Most Wanted"'s Magazine "Manhunters" . So I hope you enjoy the other pages as well.
    Bruce & "Cody"

OOOOhhh, that was a great story! I love ghoststorys! Thanks! Again may I say how wonderful your dog is?!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thanks

Anna thank you for the help and putting Cody onto your page as a link. I will add your dogs to my link page soon also.

Oh your very welcome!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

A tardy welcome from me, Bruce & Cody. Well, your posts had to travel a long distance to Down Under ...LOL.

I loved meeting Cody on your website. What a wonderful dog he is. We used to own a Border Collie called Peter, years ago when we were children.

Cody is the spitting image of a young Border Collie rescued from a Pound here recently. The rescue group named him Ned...after Ned Kelly, a famous Australian bushranger. They noticed he was very intelligent...just like Cody. So they contacted the Australian Quarantine Service which is always looking for clever dogs to train & use in scent detection. The AQS gave Ned tests & he passed with flying colours...& now he's in training as a Customs dog.
    I'll see if I can find a pic of Ned to show you how much he & Cody look alike.

I loved reading the story of the haunted house...& the sound effects helped the chills along.

Please post more pics of Cody & updates of his work. Great to have you both as members of the Pet Talk community.

Marie
    Last edited by Angels3; 05-03-2002 at 09:50 PM.

Here's Ned the Border Collie who's a kind of Aussie 'cousin' of Cody's. Ned was rescued from death-row at the Pound...& because he's smart like Cody, he now works for the Customs service.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sorry I am late on the Welcome.
    How exciting to have you and Cody join Pet Talk.
    A very warm welcome and hope to hear many stories from you.

----<---<--<{(@

wow!!! ned sure does look like cody!!! so glad that he was a rescue....now he has a great forever home!!! and he earns his keep!!!
    love them borders!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids