Thread: Anyone good at party planning?

Anyone good at party planning?

We're trying to plan Tyler's party, but we can't seem to get anything nailed down!! We are really wanting to have a pool party, but we also need a space for cake and stuff. Here are a few of the options that we are considering
    1) Reserve the indoor pool and use their rather large and very nice outdoor sundeck for the party.
    2) Reserve the outdoor pool and have the party somewhere else before or after
    3) Just reserve the local club and forget about swimming.

The big negative for having the party on the outdoor sundeck is that it's going to be late May/early June in Japan and it's going to freaking hot and muggy outside.

What do you think of having the cake and stuff in our building and then going to the pool afterwards? Or pool first, party later?? Our bulding is about a 5 minute walk from the pool. Do you think that people would actually come and/or have fun if they had to change buildings??
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I'd rather go for option 1. Has the sundeck got a sail or something you could cover part of it with?

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Option 1.

I think having a pool party then the food and drinks after works good, otherwise people will be swimming whist full up and I think it might be a bit more difficult to float

I would be an absolute nervous wreck having a pool party with children around. I wouldn't be able to relax one bit. Throw in the hot sun, and tender baby skin? Yikes.

I would go with the party at your place. I have found that little ones, especially little, little ones do well with less fuss, and less people than we would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    I would be an absolute nervous wreck having a pool party with children around. I wouldn't be able to relax one bit. Throw in the hot sun, and tender baby skin? Yikes.

I would go with the party at your place. I have found that little ones, especially little, little ones do well with less fuss, and less people than we would think.
    AMEN !!!!

you can still have a pool themed party without the actual pool and it would be nice, besides its his first bday
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365