Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torti's!!

Torti's!!

Anyone else here have a Torti that has "weird" behavior? We have a 9 month old Torti named Cherokee and you would swear she was human. She is very close to my boyfriend and his father has a Torti at their house and that cat is very close to his dad. It seems they really like men. Just wondering about a "torti" behavior for all the owners out there who have one. I know it's just their "coloring" but I think torti cats are very close to becoming human!

well My torti is hugely infatuated with my hubby!!! She will do anything for him! She will even eat anything he does!! And i do mean anything all he has to do is start eating something and she is right there!! She couldnt care what i am doing, Unless i am the only one home!! She is definietly a one man cat!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Cammie, our tortie, worships my husband and pretends that I don't exist. She will eat anything he offers her. Refuses anything I've touched. We call her "velcro cat" because she's always attached to him.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I don't own a tortie, so I woulden't know. I think they are gorgous cats!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I think what you're referring to is the "tortietude". ALL tortoiseshell cats have them!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

My husband had a torti who liked him and only him. He had to give her up when he moved to Oregon, though, so I never had a chance to be around her.

My tortie was mine, all mine.......I only had to sit down and Callypuss was on my lap! *sigh* I miss her
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Hayley, our or should I say my husband's tortie, ADORES him. Barry comes home from work and she is all over him, then PRANCES in from of him to the bedroom where he changes his clothes and she rolls around the bed!!! However, our first cat, Miss BooBoo Kitty was MY cat. Boo was a beauty, she would sit on Barry's lap for a few minuted, but when I sat down, whoosh...into my lap!! Miss you Boo!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Torti's

Definate tortitude! I've had cats all my life but never a torti. My sister however adopted one recently and she ONLY has eyes for my brother-in-law. It's sort of funny cause she will GLARE at my sister but sits on her hubbies lap looking adoringly at him!! It's pretty amusing to watch.

My Torti's name is Apache. She has the most perfectly marked face, which gave her the name "APACHE".

I'm the only human in the house, so I don't know if she would have taken to a man or not.

The strange thing that she does is lick. She is constantly licking me. But then, so did her mom, who was siamese.??? Anyone else have a cat that loves to lick like a dog?

Quki my torti loves everone and she is queen of the household. She will stand straight up on her hind legs to get a pet and she loves to sleep in my car. It's in the garage where she prefers to live. Good thing as we have alot of mice invading this year.

I've owned two. The first is antisocial, and the second turned mean and not affectionate at all. She always wanted your attention, but did not like to be held or touched.

facebook

Torti's!!

Oh I know my Calitt that is a Torti is for sure human.. Oh she is a momma's baby.. She knows when I dont feel good & if I am upset && she always sits & cuddles with me.. She does have a few weird times to her like chasing her tail & throwing things across the room.. But hey she & the other girls own me && I dont think nothing about what goes on..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Court
    Anyone else here have a Torti that has "weird" behavior? We have a 9 month old Torti named Cherokee and you would swear she was human. She is very close to my boyfriend and his father has a Torti at their house and that cat is very close to his dad. It seems they really like men. Just wondering about a "torti" behavior for all the owners out there who have one. I know it's just their "coloring" but I think torti cats are very close to becoming human!
    My hubby had a torti (he had to give her to someone else when he moved) and didn't want anything to do with anybody but HIM. Hissed and scratched at everyone else.

Torti Cats are Cool!

Our Torti cat is our fourth cat and when I got her I thought I was officially becoming a “cat lady”! I had no idea about this variety and when I chatted with a guy at work who had four cats, one being a Torti, he said it was the coolest of all!

From my research online, it appears they like water. Jasmine, our Torti, is obsessed with running water. When we brush teeth, take showers, etc. she is right there! My husband calls her his "Torti ankle towel" as she rubs up against his legs after he comes out of the shower. Another funny thing, not sure if this is Torti specific, is Jasmine is a funny talker. She rarely meows like a normal cat, she talks with choppy meow sounds! It is really funny. She really talks loud when she is batting a sparkle ball around the house too!

Jasmine seems to be more of a MaMa's girl. She does love her Daddy too, but in my opinion, the comments about the men thing seems to fall in line with my theory about cats as a whole. It is important for every person in a home to talk with, give eye contact, gently touch & play with the cat. If you respectfully engage with any animal, they know this and will respond with affection. As well, we are very careful to watch visitors to our home too. We do not want a negative interaction to push them away from people. Overall, a great treat the Torti is to our family!