Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What breed is Snoopy??

What breed is Snoopy??

We keep wondering what breed our little Snoopy is. her head has such a special shape, big ears,big hint feet, she is so active, and runs around like a little monkey. I did some research on Google, and came to the conclusion that she has lots of "Egyptian Mau" in her. What do you think??

I am already calling her Snoopy Mau
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

little bean

I think the baby needs to grow into her ears before we can really tell. She seems to have a distinct breed in her but she's such a tiny thing*kiss kiss kiss and smooch smooch smooch* all over her it's hard to tell yet. My Calvin had gianormous ears as a baby that he's ALMOST grown into 7 years later that makes me think he's got a bit of mieser in him though he's quiet as a lamb mostly. Snoops is a beautiful girl that will change as she grows. Kisses to our beauty queen (princess!)
    Kitten

Maybe a cross between a Mau and a tabby?

Too bad we can't ask her!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy

I don't know anything about breeds but I do know those eyes have made me fall in love with this precious little lady! My Grey Girl has eyes like that, so sad that say, "if only someone would pet my head...." as if she's not already spoiled rotten. Everytime she turns them on me, I melt and I bet you do the same thing for little Snoopy. Give this beauty a few extra chin rubs and snuggles for me please!
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

Snoopy is a very Special Cat.
    And I agree that she needs to grow a bit more before you can really tell her breed.
    She is a Great Cat,and Miquelito is Proud to say that Snoopy is his Special Friend.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hard to tell, but she's truly beautiful!

She looks almost regal here:

Kirsten

Domestic shorthair?
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

She looks alot like my boy, Sebastian. He has long hair on the tips of his ears and when you brush his fur back, he has an orangey undercoat. I always thought he was more than just a DSH!

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

What breed is Snoopy??

Hi again Lut! Quite honestly I don't know one breed from another, only that they're all cuties. Snoopy is a very special little girl in so many ways. Have you asked your vet about it? As for her breed or breeds, sweet little Snoopy is the PERFECT combination!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

She looks like our Leila!

You know, I think you're on the right track, she does resemble what I've read about the Egyptian Mau breed. I think our Leila fits that breed description to a tee, and she looks so much like your Snoopy, it's almost like they're relatives (Leila is 3 years old, and her ears are still very tall for her tiny body)! Take a look and see...I think b/c of her looks and b/c of her extremely active, athletic personality (when she's not sleeping, of course), she fits that breed description like Snoopy does.

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

She has syndactyly/hypodactyly/"split foot"/"Lobster Claw Syndrome;" being a dominant genetic trait, I wonder if this would figure into a breed per se? http://messybeast.com/freak-limbs.htm (Personally, I hate the "freak limb" name of this page; I don't consider Lefty a freak. Anyway...)

Snoopy looks very like Don Juan lovebug (purring on my shoulder RIGHT NOW), and I've had two people tell me he looks as if he has a liitle Abyssinian in him.

Of course, like ALL cats, he and Snoopy share a proud lineage going all the way back to Ancient Egypt.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

My little Caramel looks like Snoppy and he will be a year old in 3 days! He has big ears for his funny shaped head, hind legs that are long and look like rabbit hind legs, and long front arms. He also is very active and sleeps very little. He hops like a rabbit, and sure does some strange things! I just think he is my little rabbit, I never looked into what breeds he might have in him. Would be interesting though

Thank-You Kay (Kfamr) for the beautiful signature!

Marie

I've also thought my Leila has some Abyssinian in her too, especially when I look at pictures of that breed and read the breed description - Egyptian Maus and Abyssinians seem to be similar in several ways...

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

Quote Originally Posted by *JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
    My little Caramel looks like Snoppy and he will be a year old in 3 days! He has big ears for his funny shaped head, hind legs that are long and look like rabbit hind legs, and long front arms. He also is very active and sleeps very little. He hops like a rabbit, and sure does some strange things! I just think he is my little rabbit, I never looked into what breeds he might have in him. Would be interesting though
    He he, that is a PERFECT description of my Snoopy!!! Please post a pic of your Caramel
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge