Thread: just one place?

just one place?

I know this probably should be in behavior. But is it possible to get Charlie go poo in one part of the yard?

He poos ALL OVER our yard, not just one area. PLUS he walks while pooping. So it's everywhere.

What do I do?

Keep him on a leash and train him to go in the same place every time.

Training him to poo in one place outside is the exact same as training him to poo outside versus in the house. Same concept!! LOTS of praise for pooing in the correct spot; no praise for not doing it in the correct spot

facebook

gotcha!

Also, why does he scratch to go outside, then we get out there and all he does is sit there?

I am confused as to when to let him out.

So everytime I open the door to let him out, if I go out he follows me, if I walk away with door open, he follows me NOT outside. Then I close the door, and he's back at it scratchin again.

He wants to go outside to play

facebook

I just went out for him to play. He chased me for a second, then went to eat poo. Tomorrow I am going to clean it all up. Wish me luck.

You should distinguish between going outside for play time and going outside to potty. Perhaps when bringing him outside to potty, have him on a leash. That way you can also bring him to the spot you want him to go at and that kill two birds with one stone. Make sure as you are going out to say "ok lets potty". Avoid saying something like "lets go outside!" that may confuse him with thinking its play time, if that makes sense. Then later on once he's better at going in the same spot, then just open the door and say "ok potty!" and when he potties, call him back inside. Don't allow him to play.

When it is time to go outside to play, then say something like "ok lets go outside!!" If he DOES potty while playing, praise him with "good potty!" etc.

facebook

thanks