View Poll Results: Are you registered to vote if you're 18 +?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, I'M REGISTERED

44 89.80%
  • NO, I'M 18+ AND I'M NOT REGISTERED (please explain why you're not)

5 10.20%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You Registered?

Are You Registered?

If you're 18 + are you registered to vote? I put this in DOG HOUSE because there are political threads in this folder. People are making comments about government and so I'm just curious if people are registered to vote (if you're 18 +).
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I have never voted in my life.

I left Canada when I was 17, and have never been back long enough to register.

I didnīt even know there was a new Prime Minister until last summer.

I registered as soon as I turned 18 and I've voted in every election since. It's one of the important duties you have as an American.

Ditto for me . I have one kid regerstered one not. can't figure out why she doesn't.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Ditto for me. I insisted that my kids register too when they turned 18.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Well, I was registered until I moved two months ago. I need to go reregister soon! I've voted in almost all the elections since I was old enough to vote.

I figure you shouldn't complain about the government untless you do your part to form it.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know about most states but I'm pretty sure that when you get your driver's license at 18 you are automatically registered to vote, or is it that you are automatically forced to register for a draft if it were to happen?

I didnīt even know there was a new Prime Minister until last summer
    there is a new one again lol paul martin is gone and Harper is in.

and I am 18 and not registered to vote, not interested.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Quote Originally Posted by Fender963
    I don't know about most states but I'm pretty sure that when you get your driver's license at 18 you are automatically registered to vote, or is it that you are automatically forced to register for a draft if it were to happen?

It has been a long time since I aquired my license, but, I think it is still possible to acquire one at 16, 2 years before one is given the right to vote. And, two years before one could be 'drafted'. So, I don't think that is the case. I think it is possible to register to vote at the same time you renew your license, once 18, but, I don't think it is automatic. As for the 'draft'...I don't think the US has one any longer....but, I think males upon attaining the age of 18 are required to register with the selective service.

As for voting....it is a RIGHT, not an obligation. While I am registered to vote, and I do vote, I don't think anyone HAS to do it, if they feel some reason otherwise. Here, in my county, the jury duty is tied into the voter registration in the county. So, if you are not registered, you won't be called for jury duty. That might be a reason in and of itself NOT to register!

Yeah, I'm registered.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Quote Originally Posted by jackie
    I have never voted in my life.

I left Canada when I was 17, and have never been back long enough to register.

I didnīt even know there was a new Prime Minister until last summer.

The same old dude was running the country for years (11 I think it was) until the new year (2006), not before I'm glade Mr. Money Pockets is gone & Mr. Family is in.

Oh I am most definitely registered to vote, and I do in every election. If you are eligible to vote, and choose not to, then please don't complain to me about the government, because it could have been YOUR vote that would have made a difference!

While I don't proclaim to be "all political", I do know that I like having a say in who is running our country. I may not always agree (even with those that I vote for), but at least I know I have done my patriotic duty!

Good thread!

Just wanted to add that as an employee of my local Council on Aging, I am concerned about the new law requiring a valid picture ID for all voters. Many seniors don't have a picture ID if they no longer drive, and I am concerned that this may prevent them from being able to vote. Just a concern, and we are trying to get folks to the license branch for their picute ID before the May primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnaj4962
    Just wanted to add that as an employee of my local Council on Aging, I am concerned about the new law requiring a valid picture ID for all voters. Many seniors don't have a picture ID if they no longer drive, and I am concerned that this may prevent them from being able to vote. Just a concern, and we are trying to get folks to the license branch for their picute ID before the May primaries.
    I thought you guys had State ID??

I swore I heard people saying they use their State ID to get into my country at the border.

I'm registered but I only vote when I'm well educated on what's going on.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)