Thread: Woman jailed for having 8 dogs--Judge states that she should have shot the dogs

Woman jailed for having 8 dogs--Judge states that she should have shot the dogs

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_101194149.html

This really angers me. No, her dogs should not have been running loose, but maybe it was an accident they got out. I don't see the problem in her having eight dogs when she was fostering them so they wouldn't be put to sleep and it appears that they were well taken care of. And the judge's comment "I didn't mean to imply your animals should be hurt." Oh right, saying they should be shot doesn't imply they should be hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q
    And the judge's comment "I didn't mean to imply your animals should be hurt." Oh right, saying they should be shot doesn't imply they should be hurt.
    I was thinking that after reading the statment. What did he possibly mean then???

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    I was thinking that after reading the statment. What did he possibly mean then???
    I concur!

I hate that kind of ingorant, inane crap that just so blatantly proves idiocy and that he had NO idea what he was talking about. I mean, she was FOSTERING. DOING A SERVICE for the CITY. Ugh...

What a load of *&%^$!!!!!!!!!! This woman was jailed for having too many dogs- think of all the other things people can do and get off with a fine. Drunk driving, assaults, and the poor woman who is doing the world a service but has too many dogs is jailed. That is insane. That judge should be penalized for saying something like that in court, and should really be under close scrutiny since he obviously needs to practice more tolerance. Juries are supposed to be impartial...what about the judges??

I hope a complaint is lodged against that damn judge!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Isnt't that horrible,The other day i heard from a friend that a man jammed a beer bottle in a Yorkie's mouth,Breaking it's jaw.Poor dog is gone i dont know the hole story but i wish that the laws on hurting an animal becomes alot stricter!

So unfair! Poor woman.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    I hope a complaint is lodged against that damn judge!!
    I second that!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

That's pathetic!!! An example of one more judge with a few loose screws. He should fine himself. But I think the Humane society should be willing to pay her fine. After all, this dear woman was acting as a foster home at their request, shouldn't they help bear the burden? Maybe they also didn't know there was a two-dog limit?

I hope everything works out for the woman, and all her dogs.

What an idiot! So he's incompetant as well as wrong? Some people like that should learn to do their job properly. If he can make comments like that and then take them back, what does that do to his reputation and the judgements he makes? I too hope someone complains about him!!! And what makes my blood boil is that she was fostering the dogs so they wouldn't have to die, it's not like they were a collection or anything, she was in the right and doing those dogs and the community a favour. People campaign so hardly to prevent animal cruelty, and people like that judge can just toss around comments like that when he pleases, then realise that the public don't like it and changed his mind. It makes me so MAD!!!!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi
    Drunk driving, assaults, and the poor woman who is doing the world a service but has too many dogs is jailed.
    It's really odd how Drunk drivers and assualters sometimes aren't caught and this poor women who is doing a service for her community get put into the slammer! Does the court have nothing else to do then insult a women trying to do some good?
    EDITED: I forgot to add. Now I really hope lawyers don't take him seriously.

Oh my god... that is just abusive and rude. The lady was trying to help and I agree it could have been an accident to have them out of the house. Why would she be arrested? Oh my god... the judge is the one who should be arrested!!!!!! There is no right to have the dogs shot, there is no right to hurt the dogs!!!!!!

What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope everything works out for the poor lady

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q View Post
    http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_101194149.html

This really angers me. No, her dogs should not have been running loose, but maybe it was an accident they got out. I don't see the problem in her having eight dogs when she was fostering them so they wouldn't be put to sleep and it appears that they were well taken care of. And the judge's comment "I didn't mean to imply your animals should be hurt." Oh right, saying they should be shot doesn't imply they should be hurt.
    This was in the past but I'm still seeing people getting accused of being irresponsible when their dog is unleashed or found outside their property. I know it is our responsibility as owners but as for my experience, that it is really an accident!