Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What sport would be good for Muzzled dog?

What sport would be good for Muzzled dog?

I've always enjoyed dog sports. But because of the Pit Bull Ban I cannot play frisbee or teach Cyrus to jump WAY out into the water. So I was thinking about doing those Towing matches. Do they harm the dog? I know the dog will only do it if he wants to, I just want some options I can do with a muzzled dog. He needs a sport as hes stupid hyper & running about isn't cutting it for him. The sport will also teach him dissaplin, hes a good dog, just hyper to the point he can't sit still (I swear hes on crack!).

Cyrus is a VERY powerful dog & quite fast too. I know hes smart & really starting to respect me. To get anything from me he has to sit & be alert, & he's learning that I get upset when he jumps up on me, but I love him when hes sitting & stairing at me. This stupid Ban is Ruining my first chance to Really work with a smart, fast & powerful dog.

Any help would be great

weight pull sounds good as long as he can breath properly. Do you have a muzzle that is like this?
    http://www.leatherbrothers.com/images/M168C.jpg

Niņo & Eliza

He has one of those crappy nylon ones. I want to get him a better one so I can do things with him.. The wire muzzle is the kind I want, but I want the larger size (the one where he can almost yawn in).. But I have NO idea where to get one of those & I don't know their proper name & have never seen one in a store (only on Police Dog shows.)

This one is so close to what I want (found it on the site you got the image from), I live the padding & the area to attack the muzzle to a collar/harness.

Now I jjust need a price.

Doesn't this dog belong to your landlady? How does she feel about
    you training her dog?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

??? as to what sports...

but a helpful tip to pass on....Spray cheese (like Cheese Whiz) is an easy treat to give a muzzled dog. Just put nozzle through wire and give him a squirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie & Chessies
    ??? as to what sports...

but a helpful tip to pass on....Spray cheese (like Cheese Whiz) is an easy treat to give a muzzled dog. Just put nozzle through wire and give him a squirt!

oooo I like that!! Thats a wonderful tip!!!

Doesn't this dog belong to your landlady? How does she feel about
    Yes & she said I can do what I please with him. Shes already changed SOO many things that I brought up & she LOVES the help. Cyrus is her first dog & not many of her friends are dog people so its not easy for her.

Would anywhere let you train in Agility with Cyrus?
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I agree with the weight pulling sounds PERFECT!
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I also though of agility - weave poles, teeter-totter, incline - nothing in agility that I can think of would be hindered by a muzzle!

sorry after the reading the law again, only current flyball dogs are allowed to continue, it seems new ones cannot be trained, but NAFA is working on a way to get around it lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

ooo I like the sounds of agility

But what about a leash? Think I could get it to work while hes on a leash?

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    sorry after the reading the law again, only current flyball dogs are allowed to continue, it seems new ones cannot be trained, but NAFA is working on a way to get around it lol

I didn't know that!!! But where could I train him without a muzzle??

Quote Originally Posted by king2005
    ooo I like the sounds of agility

But what about a leash? Think I could get it to work while hes on a leash?
    Unfortunatley every single agility book I've read says in order to train ajility, they must be firm off leash.

Niņo & Eliza

Is there a yard you can train him in?

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy
    Unfortunatley every single agility book I've read says in order to train ajility, they must be firm off leash.
    Off leash isn't the problem, its the law. Pit bulls have to be muzzled & on a max/ length of a 6 foot leash...

But if the pitty can be off leash & not muzzled for flyball I'd love to put him that, cause DANG can he ever run! & then I don't have to spend $$ on agility stuff.