Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help...

Need some help...

Just got Violet at the pound over the weekend.. The tag said that she is rott-mix, but one of the workers thought she could be manchester terrier-mix and some other people think she looks dobie-mix... anyone have any ideas? She does kinda look dobie, but also has the winkly forhead when alert. Also has this stiff like stance usually when alert and forhead is wrinkly...

Thanks for the help..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rottie/dobie mix! She's beautiful

Need some help...

First of all Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy the talks & pictures..
    Second of all I know your new baby is a Cutie & Sweetie pie mix.. Adorable.. I would say a Rott-Dobie mix also..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Maybe Doberman/Lab? or Doberman/Rottweiler? She looks more Dobe to me than she does Rott. She's beautiful

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I see dobie, and possibly lab. Not much rottie if you ask me...
    She is adorable, how old is she?

How old is she and how big? Tons of dogs, from the Miniature Pinscher up to Black and Tan Coonhounds have that same coloring, but everyone automatically assumes Rottie or Doberman.

Umm.. and Ummm...

We are going to the vet today to get a better idea of the age and do a check-up.. I would say that right now she is about 30 lbs. The tag at the hawaiian humane society said she was about 1 year old, but the way that she is acting, and the way she looks, a lot of ppl think she is 9-10 months.. Hopefully the vet will better be able to determine..
    funny as someone said that she looks like she either has a lab or a German Shepard back end..

I see Dobie in her,not sure what else. I dont see any Rotti though.She is a very pretty girl!

WELCOME TO PT!!!

i'm guessing dobe and rottie. whatever she is she's REALLY cute! WAY TO GO FOR ADOPTING!!!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I see no Rottie in her shape, either of her head, muzzle or body. It'll be interesting to see what the vet says agewise. And at just 30 pounds, she's too small to be even Lab/Shepherd. She's got the narrow head of a Doberman or a Manchester terrier, even, but she may just always be a shelter mystery breed!

Welcome to PT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    I see no Rottie in her shape, either of her head, muzzle or body.
    Yeah, I don't see Rott either I would guess Dobie mix...but I don't know. But I do know that she is GORGEOUS! And good for you for adopting her!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Thanks!!! Yep she is a good girl and a little baby.... She is starting to get along with Bailey (female Border Terrier - Shitzu), and also Molly (cat). Molly is the most curious sho this monster is.. (Bailey is small)...

Will let you know what the vet says... maybe the vet will have a better idea what she is as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    How old is she and how big? Tons of dogs, from the Miniature Pinscher up to Black and Tan Coonhounds have that same coloring, but everyone automatically assumes Rottie or Doberman.
    Agreed 100%! I replied to your other thread in the Behavior section, but I have to agree with Karen. 30 pounds is way too small for a modern day Dobe/Rottie mix. If you have a full body shot, that would really help, as well, but for the time being, she looks more Manchester Terrier than anything else.

She's tiny! Look at her compared to the size of that chair. Maybe she's a small dobie mix, or maybe a terrier mix of sorts.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Well I definitely do not see any Rot; the face is much too narrow and the mouth too long! The funny thing about guessing breeds is that a lot of people think "oh a black dog with copper points - it MUST be part Rott!" when that is entirely not the case lol

I would say he does not have any Rott in him at all, I do see some Dobe though!

facebook