Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What makes your favorite dog breed your favorite?

Their coat, their form, and their utility. I like a dog that fits the standard and stands out exceptionally in form, but also one that is capable of going out to work and has a working attitude.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

DALMATIANS
    their:
    affinity with horses
    spotting
    shape/size
    goofyness/ clowning
    intelegence
    loving
    energy
    coat/hair (yes, I really don't mind the shedding)
    lots more

Niņo & Eliza

Well... my fav is a Cocker Spaniel. Because they are probably the happiest dog ever! They aren't the brightest bulbs, and that just makes them so silly. Their whole butt wags when they are happy, and I tell yah Sam's never stops! Cockers are so adorable and I just love their facial expressions!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I'm really in love with siberian huskies. Their drop-dead gorgeous looks, intelligence, independence, their unusual vocabulary, curiosity, and clowning. I also love to sink my fingers into their deep soft fur and rub their thick furry ears in my fingers! In spite of the breeds reputation for high energy, they can also be very mellow. I love how quiet they are, too.

5. Quote Originally Posted by senorita02
    Mine is the Rottweiler, i think its cause they look so majestic, and their very protective yet soooo loving and true love bugs! And very very loyal.
    Same for me!!

Before I knew a whole lot about the temperment of the Toller, I was attracted to their size (17-21 inches, 37-51lbs) and coat colour. I love dogs with pigment that blends nicely with the coat (in the Toller's case, orange body with orangey-pink pigment). After I met my first couple of Tollers, I researched them a lot and I discovered that they were pretty much (lol...I say pretty much, because I doubt many people enjoy the "Toller scream") everything that I wanted in a dog. They're very high energy, high drive dogs and are always wanting to work. They can be very stubborn but are highly intelligent, you have to convince them that what ever you're trying to teach them was actually their idea, but once they understand what you're asking of them they're usually very willing to please. They're also very happy dogs and are constantly wagging their tails, they also look like they have a permanent smile (well, unless they're serious about something...such as a ball) Of course, I could go on and on but that would take days, so I'll stop here.....in my opinion there is no dog better for me than a well bred, well trained Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. I'll always have them. I also really love Rotties and Belgians aswell but I don't feel like talking about all three at the moment...lol

Bull Terrier- i love their clownish personalities.All that i have been have been very sweet dogs.They just seem to fit my lifestyle. I also love that they come in so many different colours.I just love the breed
    Couple other favourites are Rottweilers,Bloodhounds,Newfies,and mutts of course.

For me It would need to be

Labs : because they are low maintanance dogs when it comes to grooming and they are just so unique with their character also I think they all have eyes that hypnotise you!

Boxers : I just love them!! I think its because they are just so playful and they got just cute innocent faces so you couldnt help but smile at them

Italian Greyhounds : Oh I just fell in love with them! I think they are gorgeous little dogs

Poodles : I love poodles but I cant decide what size I like!

Corgis!!! They are so fun, and incredibly intelligent, and they are just great companions. They are very affectionate and kind, but have an independent streak too. I also like how they are just a little bit bossy and contrary, too. They also have the cutest fluffy bunny butts!!

i know this is a silly answer but i honestly love EVERYTHING about Great Danes.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Flat-coats- There coat is so beautiful, long, glossy, and gorgeus!!!They are stubborn but hard to resist. Zoey may not be a great example of them, but god she beautiful to me!!

English setters-I like the field coat like t.j's. Long in the tail and feet. BEutiful tick liver marks, always willing to please and very sensitive to noise. The sweetest breed I have ever meet.

I love them both and will have both breeds when I move out.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Border Terriers- Perfect size, Perfect Temperment. LOVLEY DOGS they are!

Great Danes because- They are goofy and fun but at the same time super gentle,loving and lazy. There colourings are amazing there size outstanding and there eyes WOW I could just go off and stare. And of course the famous droopy muzzle wich is just oh so cute!! There just perfect dogs in my eyes...Well except for one thing..the problems they are prone to and their short life span
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee