Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes your favorite dog breed your favorite?

What makes your favorite dog breed your favorite?

What makes your favorite dog breed your favorite dog breed? Is it their personality, their trot, their walk, their run, their bark, what?

Gosh, for me it's the Aussie & seriously it's everything about them. they are smart, funny, obedient, loyal, energetic and I love their butt wiggles, never ending grins, antics, the colors & markings as well as the softness & length of the fur. If I missed anything I am sorry but I swear there is not ONE thing that I do not LOVE about them!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I like my Aussies there a stunning dog there coats,eyes are my fav they all have different colours,and there personality,there trust,they are very loyal and pertect you with all they have. My Lacy is my baby she is the sweetest little girl to me ,she is my dog 100% she likes everyone but she sticks too me like glue makes you feel very loved and wanted!

Mine is the Rottweiler, i think its cause they look so majestic, and their very protective yet soooo loving and true love bugs! And very very loyal.

I never knew about Australian Shepherds until my husband said lets go look at the pups and i did and have had Lacy going on 3 years she will be 3 in July,time has flown by but your right everything about these dogs is amazing.They are so sweet every time i am having a bad day Lacy knows and she will comfort me to the end like right now she is laying by my side she is soo special to me i love her too much!!

hounds -- because they are such characters and their eyes will melt your heart. I also love their long ears..

Labs -- because of their sweet, yet goofy personality.

Rotties -- same as the labs.

Pit Bulls -- every one of them I have met are sweet and great dogs.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

My favorite has to be a Manchester Terrier. They are goofy, adorable, and gosh, they're just my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by cerrenity
    I have to say the Australian Shepherd...hands down.

And I think lv4dogs was dead on for the reasons...

It's everything about them that makes them my favorite. I can honestly say there is not one thing I would change or want different about the breed (in general).
    You have Beautiful dogs i miss when Lacy and Bandit were pups the noises they made and how everything was a toy to them but time goes on and you grow to love them even more..Aussies are one of a kind and i think i wll own one for the rest of my Life!

Because it's unusual! rotfl!

Thanks vinjashira for the siggy

Labs - Their undying devotion to their owner, the way they're always smiling and wagging their tail, their friendliness towards strangers and other animals, the "varities" within the breed (field, show, etc.), their willingness to please, the way they always brighten my day. I also love how beautiful they are, their water-repellant coats, their colors, their pretty eyes, their size is great - not too big and not too small.

Great Danes - Their size!, their gorgeous heads, their short, sleek coats, their goofyness, their "lean", their friendliness, the way they can scare off an unwanted person with one woof, their wonderful personalities.

I love them both, and I love everything about them!

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    Labs - Their undying devotion to their owner, the way they're always smiling and wagging their tail, their friendliness towards strangers and other animals, the "varities" within the breed (field, show, etc.), their willingness to please, the way they always brighten my day. I also love how beautiful they are, their water-repellant coats, their colors, their pretty eyes, their size is great - not too big and not too small.

Great Danes - Their size!, their gorgeous heads, their short, sleek coats, their goofyness, their "lean", their friendliness, the way they can scare off an unwanted person with one woof, their wonderful personalities.

I love them both, and I love everything about them!

Your right on the money!!! they are great family pets,and great with children such gentle souls

Lancashire Heelers, because my neighbour owns one and she is the most adorable dog I have ever come across. She's playful, great with young and old alike, never runs out of energy, has such a smily face (yes, she looks like she smiles all the time!) and is also cuddly and cute at the same time. I also love the fact that they have such short legs and really thick and quite long black tails

Zimbabwe 07/13

I have a real soft spot for Rotties. If I see one on the street I ALWAYS ask to pet them. I've been doing a lot of thinking & I'm pretty sure I want a little male Rottie pup as my next Dog.

Why I like them:
    DEEP woof
    Protective
    Gentle
    Loyal
    Colour
    Size
    If I step on him, that wont break him
    Rough house
    Keep up with me on a walk
    Is large enough to play with Cyrus
    Tend not to be big on barking for no reason
    Their waddle is cute
    Loved the docked tail & how it moves when they walk
    Can be smart if you train them early
    They give strong hugs
    look silly when they tilt their heads & stick out their tongues

oooo I want a Rottie Puppy now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    that is the perfect description of labs..
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

abbersmom- that's cute. I always thought Abby looked like a Pekingese/ King Charles Spaniel mix. She's a doll face, that's for sure!!

I don't really have a favorite breed. Most of my favorites are terriers though. Terriers have such great spunky spirits. I love min pins, dachshunds, jack russells, rat terriers, pit bulls, bostons and so many more. I also tend to be drawn to breeds with short coats.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla