Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purbred or not?

Purbred or not?

I found a dog that I'm thinking of adopting. I just have to found out how he is with other dogs and such.

I know I have not been around in awhile. Sorry about that. I just have been really busy and haven't had much of a chance to post. I have been lurking some but that is about it.

Anyways, I was wondering does this dog look like a purbred Boxer to you all? In some ways I think he does and other ways I'm just not too sure.

It really does not matter if he is or not. I would love him either way.

I really hope I can adopt this boy. So please keep your fingers and whatever else crossed for me.

Tucker is doing great. Growing like a weed! He is so long now, I have no idea what breeds he has in him anymore. He seems to becoming more of a mystery mutt. I promise to post some new pictures of him soon.

Here is the Boxer's adoption page Baxter

That's a tricky one! I'm going to say purebred... it's possible there's SOMETHING in there.. and if that's the case, he's got 95% of the Boxer in him.

He is very handsome.. good luck!!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I really don't consider any dog purebred unless the dog has his/her papers. That is the only way to prove if a dog is indeed purebred. That being said, I can't tell if he's full Boxer or not, I don't know alot about the Boxer breed.

I hope you adopt him, he sure is a cutie!

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

The ears are throwing me off, but he doesn't look "tall" like a Boxer should. Then again it could be the odd angle the picture was taken at, but his legs seem shorter than a Boxer's should.

Pedigree shouldn't matter though

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    The ears are throwing me off, but he doesn't look "tall" like a Boxer should. Then again it could be the odd angle the picture was taken at, but his legs seem shorter than a Boxer's should.
    Thats what I was thinking. The angle of the picture is making it really hard to tell!!

He is adorable though, good luck!! I can't wait to see more Tucker pics

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

It's so hard to tell with that angle and the lighting. He looks very mastiffy.
    I've been BOO'd!

He's not purbred IMO. Coloring is too buff, not fawn, no defined lines of white, boxers have very defined lines, and the throat is too fleshy. The mask isn't covering his face the way it should and his hair coat is too thick and furry in places. Boxer mix, perhaps boxer parent combined with boxer mix parent. Very close but not pure. Looks sweet though.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

When I look again, it looks like he has a darker stripe down his spine. At FIRST glance I thought it was a hint of Rhodesian Ridgeback, but when I enlarged the picture it just looks like a dark stripe

facebook

NO, but he looks sweet enough to eat up. He has the leg shape of my Autumn and the fur type to match. Looks like he has "trousers" developing which is a sure sign he is not purebred. I'd have to make my best guess that this is a boxer/ golden retriever or cocker spaniel.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

The fleshier neck and thicker coat remind me of lab. I wouldn't be surprised if perhaps mom was boxer and dad lab/boxer or something of that nature. He has a lot of boxer traits so I wouldn't be surprised if he was over 50% boxer. The reason I think Mom may have been pure at least is he looks docked and seems to me who ever owned the mom would want to dock the pups if the mom was pure boxer. Or someone bred them thinking both parents were boxers when one was actually a mix.

Always fun to guess and conjecture. Either way he's absolutely adorable!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

i was going to say that too the ears are like a lab regardless beautiful dog

I am almost absolutly sure he is a bull boxer. It is a designer breed. Google it and you can see many more pics of bull boxers. It's also on www.dogbreedinfo.com... but the site is down right now.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

His coat looks thicker than a purebred boxers.He's probably mixed.Anyways,whatever he is he's very handsome!

He appears to be mostly Boxer with a little bit of something else in him, possibly lab or even mastiff??? He sure is a handsome fella! Good luck!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Yeah, more I look at him, I don't think he is purbred.

I'm not going be able to adopt him though. My husband said no.