Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annoying little things

Annoying little things

I don't like Taco Bell's Salsa. I'm always very careful to politely ask for my food without salsa. I ordered a cheesy bean and rice burrito today and asked for no salsa. I wasn't able to open the burrito up and check before I left the store because I had Tyler and an armload of groceries with me at the time.

I get home, bite into my burrito and what do I find? SALSA~!!

Now I'm not only annoyed, I'm also hungry

It's the little things that make me crazy... like getting a ticket from the MP's for stopping at a stop sign but not pausing for a full three seconds. Things that are so stupid and minor that they get under my skin and drive me nuts..
    ARGH
    What are your little things?
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

The word "seen" bothers me to no end. What is becoming of the english language???
    "I seen the doctor the other day" Is BAD GRAMMAR..

*deep cleansing breath*
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Going along with the Taco bell thing, I hate, hate, hate tomatos. I'd say 20% of the time they put tomatoes on after me specifically asking for tomatoes. Even worse, but not as common is when they give you beef, and you asked for chicken, especially when you have to pay more for chicken.

Kyle

People who pronounce library, libarry. Ugg. Plus when people pronounce nuclear, nuculer. Gah.

The only other thing that really gets under my skin....people who chew with their mouths open.
    ~Kat

People wearing sandals or flip flops and scuff their feet in them.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Quote Originally Posted by Corinna
    People wearing sandals or flip flops and scuff their feet in them.
    Ok, totally off topic, but whoever that is in your avatar (Tyson?) he's so cute! He looks a LOT like my Joxer.
    ~Kat

Yeah Taco Bell is always HORRIBLE at stuff like that.. I ask for no lettuce... they always give me lettuce..

facebook

The sound of anyone eating or slurping when everything else is quiet. uuughh. x___x

MISPLACED APOSTRAPHES!!

"What do your pet's like to do" is INCORRECT! ARGH!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I have to bite my tongue so that I don't correct people when they use good instead of well. "I did quite good in my last test" instead of "I did quite well in my last test". It's now so prevalent that I think it will become accepted as "correct".

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie
    I have to bite my tongue so that I don't correct people when they use good instead of well. "I did quite good in my last test" instead of "I did quite well in my last test". It's now so prevalent that I think it will become accepted as "correct".
    That reminded me...I caught myself saying "more better" about a week ago, and I was astounded! I don't believe I've ever said anything like that before. My aunt and uncle teased me about it for some time.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyBogart
    That reminded me...I caught myself saying "more better" about a week ago, and I was astounded!
    ACK!!! *points* double "er", double "er"!! bad bad bad That one drives me nuts too. My husband likes to double "er" just to drive me nutty

Lizzie, I know what you mean about good and well. I am forever correcting my dear hubby and he is forever making fun of me for talking "like a snob".
    I know that my grammar isn't perfect, so I wouldn't be offended if someone pointed out my jillion errors And to think, I was a straight "A" student all of the way up until I left college.

I guess at my age it's not worth bothering about little things!

Yep thats Tyson ! I thought it was a thread on annyoing thigs not bash taco bell.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Quote Originally Posted by CathyBogart
    MISPLACED APOSTRAPHES!!

"What do your pet's like to do" is INCORRECT! ARGH!
    I am the worst offender! I've just never been able to wrap my brain around it.

How about people using your instead of you're?
    ~Kat