Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Annoying little things

When you do not want something - like lettuce or salsa or tomatoes - tell them you CANNOT have it. I have (strange) food allergies, and when I tell people that, they're usually good about making sure it comes right.

Grammer & spelling errors don't bother me, as I know many people cannot do it for health reasons. I know I cannot spell or talk properly & when people point it out it makes me want to stop talking again (not just online but in person too). I have a hard enough time getting words out as it is, I really have to think of what I'm going to say before I say anything, other wise a lot of jibberish comes out that even I don't understand

The taco bell this is very annoying, I usually go back & demand(politely of course) a refund, as I DON'T trust them to remake it (spitting, dirty hands, dropping on floor kind of stuff).

The biggest Pev I have is when people let their dog crap on other people lawns & don't pick it up, or let ther dogs walk 20 some feet onto peoples properties & take a leak on their bushes or on the house! OMG I get bloody angry over that!!!! Its ok if the dog walks a foot or 2 onto the lawn & squats but not 20!!

My biggest pet peeve is when you're talking on the phone to someone and they're having a conversation with someone else in the room, or they're yelling at their kids. My daughter is guilty of calling me and then schmoozing with her cat while I'm talking. I just hang up. She knows better now.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim
    The word "seen" bothers me to no end. What is becoming of the english language???
    "I seen the doctor the other day" Is BAD GRAMMAR..

*deep cleansing breath*
    Yeah, that's one that drives me completely up the wall.

Another one that makes me want to puke is when people say "wif" instead of "with." Oh, man. I have a friend who says "brakfast," he completely leaves the e out of the word, it's like nails on a chalkboard. hee hee hee
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

The word "seen" bothers me to no end. What is becoming of the english language???
    "I seen the doctor the other day" Is BAD GRAMMAR..
    IS THAT A REGIONAL THING? I NEVER HEAR ANYONE USE IT THAT WAY?

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by DIANESDOGS
    IS THAT A REGIONAL THING? I NEVER HEAR ANYONE USE IT THAT WAY?
    I don't know that it's regional, really...I've heard it while living in Washington State, Virginia, Texas, South Carolina...

It seems like it is country folk maybe. But you can find country in all states.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

When I was in high school, a friend of mine misused "seen" all of the time. I was constantly correcting her, but she was just adamant that she was right

I bought a sub today and asked for oil. They gave me vinegar instead. This is the second day in a row that I'm eating my son's cheerios for lunch. If this doesn't end soon, I think that my 10 month old son is going to cut off my supply
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Be adamant, Missy! Tomorrow, say "I know this might seem picky, but wtice I have asked for oil, and gotten vingar, so I cannot eat the sandwich. Can you make extra-sure to use just oil today? Thank you so much." And then on future days, you can "joke" - "Remember me? I'm the 'oil - NOT vinegar' lady!"

In my case, as I mentioned, I do have food allergies. If someone puts a lemon in my water, I have to send it back. It's better than losing hours of my day being ill and in pain, and people are usually pretty nice about it.

Today was my fault. I just wasn't paying close enough attention to which bottle she grabbed. In any case, I will try what you said
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I hate when you get fries from Burger King, Wendy's, or McDonalds and they are ice cold. so sometimes I ask for fries no salt so they will be hot..
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

i have to disagree with you all i love Taco Bell lol they took the one we had here i was so mad

taco bell made their potato oles (whatever they are called..) spicy and that ticks me off. I love spicy food, but my eyes tear up when I eat it so I try not to have it too often.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Bad grammer doesn't bother me when speaking. I try my best to use correct grammer but if I'm with my friends, sometimes something incorrect slips out. *Want to hear a really bad story about me and grammer? I graduated college with an English degree. However, only a few weeks ago, I was giving a talk with some friends and I said I was "kilt" to do something. Urgh! In case you don't know, it's 'country grammer' for the word "killed," as in "I was just killed (kilt) to go to the state fair." As soon as I said it, I just groaned inside my head at myself

Bad grammer in writing on signs and other public notices is a really big pet peeve of mine. I just wonder why they hung out the sign or such without asking someone to proofread it first. I'm really bad at "to" and "too" so I always have someone proofread my work if I am going to display it in public.
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshirekatt
    People who pronounce library, libarry.

LOLOL, I say LiBERRY! ...my mom and my sister say it, too. It is our way of being 'cute' within the family. I think it stemmed from my nephew saying it wrong 20 years ago. BUT, it is such a habit now it slips out in normal conversation. Whatever will people think?

Seen is a biggie, here, and I inwardly groan.

One thing that bothers me is when someone writes the words 'a lot' as one word. Grammar and spelling errors don't usually bother me too much though. What bothers me most is when someone abbreviates like this- "R u going 2 go 2 the store b4 coming 2 c me?" I hate that!

Quote Originally Posted by king2005
    Grammer & spelling errors don't bother me, as I know many people cannot do it for health reasons. I know I cannot spell or talk properly & when people point it out it makes me want to stop talking again (not just online but in person too). I have a hard enough time getting words out as it is, I really have to think of what I'm going to say before I say anything, other wise a lot of jibberish comes out that even I don't understand
    My mom has that problem. She got sick several years ago (in the early '90s). For almost 2 years she had no voice. We didn't know if it'd ever came back, but it did. There were a lot of things she could no longer pronounce after that though.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla