Thread: Getting back onto track

Getting back onto track

Max was starved and he is really skinny. Would it be good to start him back up on 1/2 can of canned food daily? Or something else??? Please varify.

Feed him several small meals throughout the day. A large meal, especially a high fat one, can cause pancreatitis. Feed him whatever you plan to feed normally.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

thank you we are starting to put an egg in his food to held him get stronger. Will that help him????

Quote Originally Posted by WarahGirl1995
    thank you we are starting to put an egg in his food to held him get stronger. Will that help him????
    It won't hurt him. I've heard that it's better to feed them cooked. Something about how the protien binds together. I give my dogs boiled eggs occasionally--shell and all. Some of them actually peel the shells off and others just eat everything!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Raw eggs are fine -- it's the egg white when fed alone that depletes biotin -- the yolk makes up for it though. So as long as they are fed together, it's alright.

If you go to your local petstore, you may be able to find Nutri-Cal. It's a high-calorie vitamin supplement. I give some to my dog when she starts looking a little thin because she can lose weight so dramatically. It can put on weight quickly. You should also look up a recipe for Satin Balls. Great for fattening dogs up. Just don't feed too many of them or any other treat -- take it slowly.
    I've been BOO'd!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul
    Raw eggs are fine -- it's the egg white when fed alone that depletes biotin -- the yolk makes up for it though. So as long as they are fed together, it's alright.
    Thanks! I could not remember how that worked! My cats get raw eggs, usually after I've dropped breakfast on the floor!
    --John Irving